Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Villa away travel

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I booked a parking space on JustPark ten minutes walk from the ground for £10
Yeah, we did that for last game of last season. Booked as soon as tickets were available. Got a text from the homeowner on the morning of the game, cancelling the booking as he "had family coming over". Booked a second one straight away and got a phone call from that guy when we were 30 mins away saying that his car was broken and he couldn't move it to free up the space. Booked a third one but ended up parking for free on an industrial estate about 15 mins walk from the ground.

Stumpy Tim

Yeah, we did that for last game of last season. Booked as soon as tickets were available. Got a text from the homeowner on the morning of the game, cancelling the booking as he "had family coming over". Booked a second one straight away and got a phone call from that guy when we were 30 mins away saying that his car was broken and he couldn't move it to free up the space. Booked a third one but ended up parking for free on an industrial estate about 15 mins walk from the ground.
Sounds like a lot of bad luck. I've used JustPark quite a few times and never had a problem. It was great for Chelsea especially... less than £10 & 10 minute walk to the ground. Barely any traffic leaving weirdly

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The train strike next week has scuppered our travel plans for this one.

I’m sure there must be others in the same boat - has anyone managed to find alternative travel? Or does anyone know of any coaches running for it?
Booked a return on National Express but probably a bit easier for me as I'm London-based.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Sounds like a lot of bad luck. I've used JustPark quite a few times and never had a problem. It was great for Chelsea especially... less than £10 & 10 minute walk to the ground. Barely any traffic leaving weirdly
Yeah, I think so. was a bit annoyed at the first guy's reason for cancelling when the space had been booked for a good few weeks. In my mind I thought it might be because he suddenly realised that we were Brighton supporters.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
I’m staying in Birmingham city centre Friday night. Can anyone with experience of match days advise the best way to get to the ground on public transport Saturday morning, understanding there are no trains, please. I’m tempted to walk (about an hour) to remove unpredictability. Is it true that they don’t sell alcohol in the upper away areas?

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I’m staying in Birmingham city centre Friday night. Can anyone with experience of match days advise the best way to get to the ground on public transport Saturday morning, understanding there are no trains, please. I’m tempted to walk (about an hour) to remove unpredictability. Is it true that they don’t sell alcohol in the upper away areas?
Sorry can't help with the first as we usually get the train, but yes the upper is zero alcohol. And the concourse is tiny, queuing along the corridor for a sausage roll!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Bus 16 or 82 from Grand Central station. About 40 minutes

Also, Indian Brewery is normally good for a last minute reservation and has a Brighton feel to it

Last edited:

Tfitz12

Jan 2, 2023
Upstairs no alcohol. I always walk back anyway takes about 45 mins.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Bus 16 or 82 from Grand Central station. About 40 minutes

Also, Indian Brewery is normally good for a last minute reservation and has a Brighton feel to it

Or Uber, e-scooter or the Birmingham equivalent of a Boris Bike to the ground, through https://www.wmcyclehire.co.uk/ . There is a hire bike station on the Wilton Road near to Villa Park.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Yeah, I think so. was a bit annoyed at the first guy's reason for cancelling when the space had been booked for a good few weeks. In my mind I thought it might be because he suddenly realised that we were Brighton supporters.
I think you are probably right !

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Buses 65 / 67 from Priory Queensway opposite Square Peg pub was my route to and from the ground on my last visit.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
My one and only JustPark experience was for Villa Park (going for the Championship) - the parking space was inside the Police cordon and of course no amount of pleading would get us through. Great big con. Never used it again.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Sorry can't help with the first as we usually get the train, but yes the upper is zero alcohol. And the concourse is tiny, queuing along the corridor for a sausage roll!
Eat outside plenty of food outlets.....................I never understand why people queue for over expensive food in the ground.

and park at Star City.....its freeeeeee

VillaFan

May 20, 2023
Hi,

You can catch the number 7 bus from Colemore row right in the city centre (Next to "Pigeon Park and "Birmingham snow hill station" stop ) which goes straight down Witton Road to Villa park. Get off near the Big Tescos (on the small roundabout) Look right and you will see Villa park.

If you have time to kill around the ground and the weather is okay I recommend you go to the Aston park to see Aston Hall know to be the most haunted buildings in the UK. Its like right by the ground.

Hope you a nice trip!

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Hi,

You can catch the number 7 bus from Colemore row right in the city centre (Next to "Pigeon Park and "Birmingham snow hill station" stop ) which goes straight down Witton Road to Villa park. Get off near the Big Tescos (on the small roundabout) Look right and you will see Villa park.

If you have time to kill around the ground and the weather is okay I recommend you go to the Aston park to see Aston Hall know to be the most haunted buildings in the UK. Its like right by the ground.

Hope you a nice trip!
Last time I was there Aston Hall was closed and had a sign saying it is always closed on match days......

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
There is a fan zone at the back of the ground if you fancy it. Did it last year and it was ok. Somewhere to get some beer and something to eat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here