Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa a Friday night sell out ?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm perplexed as El Punal says. If they could sell more tickets, they'd sell more tickets. Are you arguing the club are saying its a sell out when it isn't ?

[tweet]792340801867116544[/tweet]
Is the demand there which was my first question , did people get turned away? Are free tickets only allocated when it is clear that they can't sell them. As was said later let's see what the villa crowd looks like.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Jan 30, 2008
But I didn't grow up in France and was taken to football as a young lad on a Saturday afternoon, I've been to a couple of matches in France though and they were on Saturday evenings.

I can fully understand why fans that work on a Saturday are pleased when a match is moved to a Friday. Also Friday games must be great for fans that live in Brighton and can finish work at a decent time.

I'm just a bit old school and I do 5 days hard graft and enjoy a few pints and a Saturday football match.
To many on here who seem a bit wet behind the ears , I'm in total agreement with you:thumbsup:
Regards
DR

megcat

Sep 6, 2012
Chelwood Gate
Definitely a JCL/21st century fan type of behaviour. Wish a few more would bother to get our away games rather than applaud the opposition. As you say .. cringetastic.

I do like to clap the away fans and I do go to away games! I don't want to be aggressive to away fans I want to engage with them with good banter and enjoy a good game of football in the right spirit and I have been following the Albion since 1967. Seems like I don't fit your stereotype

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
First ever live televised Div 1 game on BBC was Man United v Spurs on a Friday I think.

Spurs v Forest I think ... a 0-0 bore fest if memory serves. Made me think all live football must be crap for the neutral and put me off Sky from the very start. Nothing I've seen since has caused me to change that opinion despite the occasional riveting match (Man City v A Spanish Team with no sound in Regan airport this week for example - nearly missed my flight!).

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Definitely a JCL/21st century fan type of behaviour. Wish a few more would bother to get our away games rather than applaud the opposition. As you say .. cringetastic.

I do like to clap the away fans and I do go to away games! I don't want to be aggressive to away fans I want to engage with them with good banter and enjoy a good game of football in the right spirit and I have been following the Albion since 1967. Seems like I don't fit your stereotype

Indeed, if I don't get applauded on Saturday evening at Bristol for going I shall feel, well, HURT.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Skim read this thread, I can't make it as working lates that week, am I allowed to give my smart card season ticket to a friend to use my seat or has that been banned now?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Skim read this thread, I can't make it as working lates that week, am I allowed to give my smart card season ticket to a friend to use my seat or has that been banned now?

Do it, just don't tell anyone :wink:

The club are happy to take the SKY money so you should be able to let a friend use your ST.

I don't know the rules on passing tickets to be honest.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Then the club needs to do something about the unused season tickets e.g. sell them on behalf of owner and keep half the sale... Then work out if this is viable long term.

How do they know if Season Tickets are unused in order to do that ?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
How do they know if Season Tickets are unused in order to do that ?

By setting up a system to allow tickets to be re-used which includes STHs to notify them.... they must know how many STHs don't attend each week from the turnstile info.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here