Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] View from WSU

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Remember that, when Falmer opened, the club priced WSU as the second cheapest tickets, so that pretty much all the Withdean faithful chose season tickets in either the North or the WSU, so I think it is (and should be) second for atmosphere behind the North Stand, especially the sections to the north of the halfway line ... and with a much better view.
Yes. Go my tickets in week two of the sales and I am glad to say there are a lot of familiar faces up there, it's a good crowd in the WSU

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'd recommend the WSU north west shelf. Used to sit below in the NW corner but sat here for the Palace game and for the cheapest seats in the stadium the view is fantastic. Plus you are still near all the noise of the North.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The seats in the front half of the WSU are as good as the 1901 below, perhaps even better because of the height. The climb is worth it and adds 10 minutes to the experience! I Sit with a great group of about 50 and have got to know each other well over the years. Can get noisy and aggressive with the right ref!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
How are you at mountain climbing?
If you ask nicely the club may supply you with some crampons.

Seriously though, if eyesight is becoming a problem it is quite high up there and you are a long way from the pitch, then there are all the stairs to manage, it's quite a climb. Vertigo could be an issue too, especially if your seat is in one of the back rows.

Quiter than the north maybe, (after all where isn't?), but l think there is still some life up there. My seat is in the West Lower where it really is like library at times. But it's where l like to be, much closer to the pitch, and with some good friends.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'd recommend the WSU north west shelf. Used to sit below in the NW corner but sat here for the Palace game and for the cheapest seats in the stadium the view is fantastic. Plus you are still near all the noise of the North.
We’ve moved here for next season
C45F3BB9-7F6B-4533-92A2-F4F7C148626F.jpeg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
123 steps if you enter WSU near the North stand. And if you’re superstitious, you have to count them all, AND get the total right, or the football gods disapprove, and we lose.
Spot on about counting steps! Although I’ve started using the South end as there’s only 96 😂

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It's the best way to "watch" the football at the Amex. I've been up there since it opened, originally in line with the north end penalty area and now right on the half-way line. Great group around us and a very good view of VAR as it happens thanks to the commentary gantry.

It's not as lively as the north, but that's the trade off for being able to see everything beautifully. And for what it's worth, it's not at all quiet either.

papachris

I'm in block F in WSU and there's a decent amount of singing going on ... often started by someone further back from me ... not just waiting to join in one of the 3 different songs being sung in the NS 😜
That someone might be my son who is in the area several rows behind you. He has always been very vocal at matches :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm WSU block C, looking across the south penalty box line, about 8-10 rows from the front. I just love the view there, its perfect. Its not 'up in the gods' by any means, you get a panoramic view of the whole pitch, and as others have mentioned you really get to take in the patterns of play and the crisp, slick geometry of our passing. Plus I like being nearer to one of the goals, its great seeing the action in the south stand penalty area from that vantage point.

I'm ok with the stairs still, but some of the withered old crusties I see wheezing their way up do amaze me. There was some poor old duffer on a crutch last week shuffling his way up who couldn't have been much shy of about 90. Fair play to them, but bloody hell, you'd worry if there was any kind of emergency.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I moved from WU to the North a couple of seasons ago. Although the view is amazing I found it to be frustrating to watch from up there. You can see passes that are on which the players naturally can't!

Having sat in most places I think the view from the East Upper is the best as long as the sun isn't shining. The NW Shelf is also great but the food and beer options are poor.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm ok with the stairs still, but some of the withered old crusties I see wheezing their way up do amaze me. There was some poor old duffer on a crutch last week shuffling his way up who couldn't have been much shy of about 90. Fair play to them, but bloody hell, you'd worry if there was any kind of emergency.
...and this is why we NEED a zip wire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here