Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the PALACE all is not well it seems....

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Laughable isn't it. My prediction on the manager front will be another cheap manager with youth development in mind, and a small playing budget.

Surly if that is right, it’s called “living within ones means” which is a good thing is it not?

As stated elsewhere, our directors are trying to run the company the right way, not just bank rolling it like some clubs are doing, and in my opinion that’s the way to do it. (We tried the other way and we all know where that nearly got us)

Surly if that is right, it’s called “living within ones means” which is a good thing is it not?

As stated elsewhere, our directors are trying to run the company the right way, not just bank rolling it like some clubs are doing, and in my opinion that’s the way to do it. (We tried the other way and we all know where that nearly got us)

Yep, Like [MENTION=24994]Seaside[/MENTION] you f***ed over a charity.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Do you actually believe any of that rubbish?

Anyway, not sure what to make of this whole scenario. Obviously Dougie felt that he'd get a lot more money at Bolton (which is true) and a lot more money to spend in terms of transfer budget (which is true) but it's a shame to see someone so adored by the fans leave. Still, CPFC2010 did their best to keep him so I'm not sure why Brighton fans seem to think he was forced out by the board?

Palace fans certainly don't think the same way. CPFC2010 haven't let us down before, so I see no reason to assume that they would risk our possible success this season by forcing Dougie out of the door?

Still - there should be a very long line of managers looking to join Palace. We're playing fantastic football, we're 10 games unbeaten with 7 wins and 3 draws, and we're ATTACKING teams from the first minute to the last. We're after a manager who can keep this going. We don't need someone with loads of their own ideas and their own style, we need someone who is clever enough to realize that very little work needs to be done with this team. Just let them play and they'll score for fun.

FWIW I think we'll appoint Holloway. It'd require a bit of compensation (about £400k) but CPFC2010 are happy to pay for the right man. They took the cheap option last time and it paid off, but I doubt they'll do that again. We have a very good chance of going up this season and earning ourselves almost £100m in the process - taking the cheap route and appointing someone shit would be a very poor business decision. Holloway would have better job security here, more money to spend, and a more lucrative contract. He wants to leave 'Pool so if he isn't tempted by the megabucks of Blackburn, he'd probably fancy a chance with us :rave:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I think that all rings true, but according to the CPFC2010 on the BBS you just made all that up in the pub :drink:

I agree. Some Brighton fan in a pub is far more likely to know what's "really going on" at Palace than one of the chairmen of the club...

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Do you actually believe any of that rubbish?

Still, CPFC2010 did their best to keep him so I'm not sure why Brighton fans seem to think he was forced out by the board?

Not all Brighton fans think this. Well I don't. He left because Bolton offered him a load of cash, simple as.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The bottom line is money .
I think some of you are trying to make a story out of nothing .

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Yep, Like [MENTION=24994]Seaside[/MENTION] you f***ed over a charity.
???

When you say you, do you mean me (Loz) As I have over the years lernt never to bet on football, as shit can and does happen!! but if someone has made a bet its a rum thing not to pay up.

I will ask again is Seaside a term of endearment in your parts? It's the second time I have been called that!!

Not really a term of endearment more like a term for anyone who shafts a charity. Which is very appropriate for any Palace .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Paid for by the fans I think you will find and more than they were owed. Keep up

There is a feeling on here that you are the welcher seaside's new identity.

You may not be.

Maybe a mod would have time to clear your name.

Paid for by the fans I think you will find and more than they were owed. Keep up

Just one of many debts not honoured by the Club - unfortunately you are tainted by association. Did you see fit to pay off the other debts?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here