View from the PALACE all is not well it seems....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Who has another business? I assume you are talking about Parish? If so, he sold his business last year, made a tidy profit and continued as CEO, although no idea if he's still doing it*. But the tidy profit was around the £50 million mark (IRO) and not the billions (as a co-owner) Palace fans seem to think one of their four musketeers is worth.

* Just read he's stepping down at the end of the year.

Sorry no, I meant Freedman

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Fair enough, although football clubs have a funny way of ensuring their offers are heard by the people they're after, even if those individuals' current clubs don't grant permission to speak to them.

What's amused me most is the Palace fans (from Croydon) whining "but why would he want to live in BOLTON, it's a shithole?" :cry:

Bolton Is a Shithole ,but he dosent have to live there .There is some lovely countryside easily within an hour of said shithole

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bolton Is a Shithole ,but he dosent have to live there .There is some lovely countryside easily within an hour of said shithole

Exactly. Could live in the country, or in Manchester. My point was more the irony of people from Croydon labelling Bolton a hovel.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Firstly, if we believe he did a good job, we wouldn't say it begrudgingly, we could shout it from the roof tops, smug in the fact that he's left before they got anywhere.

QUOTE]

Having nicked one of our best players last year and given their position this season and the fact that they mugged us at the Amex, beat United at Old Trafford and got to a Cup Semi-Final last season would suggest, given the resources he did a great job. We'd be f***ing ecstatic if Gus could pull that off this season with far more money and better facilities don't you think??

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Been having a bit of a browse on BBS. It's turmoil. Absolute pandemonium.
The thing that always amazes me about that site is when the directors get involved in the binfests with some of those complete spacks. Why do they bother!
I thank our lucky stars that we have the medium of Ask The Club.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Quite like this little snippet, (however old it is)

You know, managing Crystal Palace is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

You hold her, tell her you love her...always have, always will.

Tell her you will start and never stop...that you'll satisfy her completely.

That there has never been another that you feel so much about.

You get her all excited, ready to climax, then flip her over shaft her up the arse and then **** off with some Northern slag who promises you she has money.....*

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Having nicked one of our best players last year
I don't think that's credit to Dougie, Gus simply didn't want Murray, presumably because he blows hot and cold and isn't great for team morale.
given their position this season and the fact that they mugged us at the Amex, beat United at Old Trafford and got to a Cup Semi-Final last season
Position this season is temporary, they're only 6 points ahead of 17th, so it's far too early to celebrate that. They won a game against us, and got fortunate against a Man U B team, whoopy do. They finished way down the league last season.
would suggest, given the resources he did a great job.
Did, no. Was in the process of doing, quite possibly. League position (as we sadly know) is about where you are at the end, so Dougie was doing well, and who knows what they could have done, but since he's left he can't finish the job this season. He could have been good for them, but he didn't have time to really achieve anything yet.

We'd be f***ing ecstatic if Gus could pull that off this season with far more money and better facilities don't you think??
Ecstatic if we finish 17th, with a good league cup run? No thanks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think that's credit to Dougie, Gus simply didn't want Murray, presumably because he blows hot and cold and isn't great for team morale.
Position this season is temporary, they're only 6 points ahead of 17th, so it's far too early to celebrate that. They won a game against us, and got fortunate against a Man U B team, whoopy do. They finished way down the league last season.
Did, no. Was in the process of doing, quite possibly. League position (as we sadly know) is about where you are at the end, so Dougie was doing well, and who knows what they could have done, but since he's left he can't finish the job this season. He could have been good for them, but he didn't have time to really achieve anything yet.

Ecstatic if we finish 17th, with a good league cup run? No thanks.

It's all relative, we are a club on the up, they appeared to be a club in decline and have done way way better than I would have thought this time last season. mostly I suspect due to Freedman. But Hey, I'm not about to get into an argument where I'm defending Palace so I'll leave it there, with a bad taste in my mouth for having been even vaguely complimentary :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I like this one:

Originally Posted by fanny farm

My choice is Sir Steve Coppell
DO NOT want Mick McCarthy he is a C*nt, ex Millwall, can't bear listening to him and he does not play the most attractive football

Whereas Steve Coppell, played for Manure, managed Brighton and loved a bit of hoofball....oh....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But Hey, I'm not about to get into an argument where I'm defending Palace so I'll leave it there, with a bad taste in my mouth for having been even vaguely complimentary :shrug:
You should be ashamed. I don't think we disagree much. In a years time I imagine Palace fans will think Dougie was doing a good job, and they'll be pissed off he left. I think they'll feel he didn't have time to achieve anything. Which is great.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well lets face it dougie took a team that were probably relegation faves to 17th and a league cup run into the bargain. dont forget for at least two or three years palace needed last game escapes or at least it went dowm to the last few games to stay up. they did it comfortably last year.

so from that point of view he did well. Also this seasom they appear to have clicked. I think he is a good manager.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Rumours that Karl Robinson has ruled himself out of Palace job.

Doesn't seem to be too attractive a vacancy.

They'll appoint someone cheap, for no compensation I reckon.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They could bloody start by losing some games im getting pissed off with their good run and ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK style of play

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They could bloody start by losing some games im getting pissed off with their good run and ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK style of play

I think most of us are getting pissed off with their good run, especially as it has coincided with our abysmal last 6 matches.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Rumours that Karl Robinson has ruled himself out of Palace job.

Doesn't seem to be too attractive a vacancy.

They'll appoint someone cheap, for no compensation I reckon.

I know we are rivals and stuff, but "doesnt seem to be too attractive vacancy" is just plain silly. Whether you like it or not, a young team in 4th spot of the championship is a attractive vacancy for many many managers out there, whether it was Palace, BHA or Rochdale!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports