Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the other side...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Conned? Should be banned? Ramirez certainly shouldn't have knocked the yellow card out of the Mike Dean's hand, he could have been booked for that. However, he has every right to show Dean his injury, this is not a con, players do this all the time, it's poor refereeing by Dean to change his mind. Some of the comments on here criticising Ramirez and alleging the cut to be either self-inflicted or an old wound are frankly laughable.

Thank you for your comments. They have been duly noted.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Boro fan here ! I was going to be nice and say I hope you go up through the play offs ! But nah I really hope you don't ! Most of what I have read suggests to me that Brighton bender fans are bad losers ! Yes it was a bad descion. But in no way did it have a impact on the game ! Brighton had one effort on target which is poor return considering brightens away record !
I'm not gloating about been promoted but you lot need to accept that we were good value for our draw !!

Iv been reading your posts all week and most of the brightons fans thought it was in the beg ! Your just a town full of knob jockeys who love the Penis ! Hope u stay down ! Bunch of bad losers ! The mighty Boro were going up !!

Come on you owls

Crikey the school teachers up north must be poor judging by the spelling and grammar.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Boro fan here ! I was going to be nice and say I hope you go up through the play offs ! But nah I really hope you don't ! Most of what I have read suggests to me that Brighton bender fans are bad losers ! Yes it was a bad descion. But in no way did it have a impact on the game ! Brighton had one effort on target which is poor return considering brightens away record !
I'm not gloating about been promoted but you lot need to accept that we were good value for our draw !!

Iv been reading your posts all week and most of the brightons fans thought it was in the beg ! Your just a town full of knob jockeys who love the Penis ! Hope u stay down ! Bunch of bad losers ! The mighty Boro were going up !!

Come on you owls

Fits the thick homophobic northern monkey stereotype perfectly.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Fits the thick homophobic northern monkey stereotype perfectly.

This one has to be a pastiche; it's too perfect, and gave me a chuckle. On the outside chance that it is not tongue-in-cheek, can this contributor collect all the exclamation marks in his post, join them together to forge a girder (like they used to make in Ironopolis), and insert it where parmos eventually egress? Thanks.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Take a look at Sky Sports from this morning, Walsh, Kamo and Sheringham ALL said the TACKLE did not even warrant a yellow card.... obviously you know better.
Even Mike Dean had a yellow out before Gaston knocked it out of his hand. Glad Gaston is ok, thankfully the small plaster, oxygen and stretcher helped him to celebrate at the end.
As others have said, getting tiresome all these "fans in peace", when all they want to do is eventually have a pop.
Anyone got a link to that program? Thanks !
Is Mike Dean another option? Or does he come under one of the above groups?

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
Hi all,

Boro fan in peace.

Let me begin by saying I'm obviously over the moon we have been promoted. But i would of liked it to have been both of us and not burnely. You've had an incredible season and done it on a lot less money than us and burnely. Most seasons you'd have done enough to go up so its a real shame you have the lottery of the play offs. Hughton has created a brilliant team and I think kayal, knock hart and hemed have really stood out as a few of the better players in the league.

Now to the game. Unfortunately for you Ayala and Gibson dominated. Despite you playing nice stuff I don't think you really threatened at all in the final third apart from your goal. In truth I thought we should of been out of sight by half time but that wasn't to be. Having said that i was terrified every time knockhart found a pocket of space, unfortunately for you his final ball was poor yesterday. Both teams seemed nervy and the game was littered with mistakes and no real quality from either side except two good free kicks.

The red card, I'm very surprised how you are all contesting it. Studs were up and followed through taking a chunk out of Ramirez on the way. despite I agree he won the ball it was a dangerous tackle, hence the gash. Blaming the whole game on this moment seems a little silly because we also lost our best player st this moment, and after the red card j thought you played better with 10 men anyway. Stephens didn't help his cause by having handbags about a minute prior and also all the fouls on Ramirez for the entire game. Even if you feel hard done by, decisions like the balance themselves out over a season anyway I think. It's just the most recent one hurts more. I can list many times we should of won games but didn't because of a bad ref decision, ie Derby, Leeds, Birmingham and likewise there will be games where maybe we shouldn't of won. I'm sure this applies to you as well.

I'm a little ashamed of our coach shielding the ball at the end, and also your coach barging Karanka at the end. Poor form from both sides there. I do think hughton is an absolute class act though.

In summary I thought we were well worth the draw. You've had a great season playing some great stuff and I'm hoping you go up through the play offs.

Good luck!

Enough now. It's tiresome, annoying and is bringing out the frustration from us now.

I would also add that the content of your post would make you out to be a crettin.

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany

Come on you owls

Dear Boro (imagine how difficult life would be without that abbreviation!) fan, I've suggested some changes for you where necessary (needed) in brackets ().

Boro fan here ! I was going to be nice (patronising) and say I hope you go up through the play offs ! (No you weren't) But nah I really hope you don't ! (We don't care) Most of what I have read (congratulations) suggests to me that Brighton bender (oo-er missus, that hurts) fans are bad losers (disappointed at having lost due to appalling refereeing) ! Yes it was a bad descion.(Finally, some sense shines through {I know which word you really meant, it's ok}) But in no way did it have a impact on the game ! :)ffsparr: - nope, back to square one. It was the game's turning point Mr yee of little understanding. First half for Brighton=pants, Brighton lucky to go into the break only 1-0 down. Second half, Stephens was starting to rip you apart and you were starting to waver. The momentum was changing until along came Mr Bean). Brighton had one effort on target (and scored even though had been sleep-walking) which is poor return considering brightens (ouch!) away record !
I'm not gloating (and I find your town beautiful) about been promoted but you lot need to accept that we were good value (bloody relieved to hang on) for our draw !! (which in my humble opinion would have been a distant memory had Mr Bean not intervened (got involved)).

Iv (or the Engine) been reading your posts all week (be honest, how many did you actually manage in that time?) and most of the brightons (brighten's) fans thought it was in the beg ! (I bag to differ) Your (...err, forget it...not going there)just a town full of knob jockeys who love the Penis ! (We LOVE da Penis...ooh I LOVE meee cake) Hope u stay down ! (Can understand why) Bunch of bad losers ! The mighty Boro were going up !! (until...?)

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
Surprised at the immediate negativity. Especially since I thought it was a reasonable balanced post with no gloating and wishing you well. If that's the case I'll leave you all be, I normally like to hear the view from the other side which is why I swung by. Apologies for upsetting anyone

P*** OFF. I really hope you come straight back down next season. In fact I don't hope I know you will. Your as bad a Derby fans. I wonder what you both have in common, oh yes I remember you've both SPENT BLOODY MILLIONS.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Come on you owls

Is English your first language?
Although reading this, you are obviously fluent in Moronic. What century is it, where you live?

Uptheboro11

May 7, 2016
Dear me, you should of collected all your tears. Then you could have put our "shithole" under water :'( maybe that would of brought a smile your faces

I'm not going to let a few rude, angry individuals ruin my view of your club. Once you've been promoted via the play offs and not so aggressive maybe we can all be human beings lol. You've a class club and you will be playing premier league football next year.. If you truly believe you were robbed then lightening won't strike twice

Mick McDonald

May 5, 2016
You had 98 minutes to score two goals but you never, stop hanging the result on the ref. If Ramirez had not been injured who is to say he does not get us the second goal, we should have the put the game to bed by halftime but we never, you had a very good spell when you equalised but. It ended a draw probably the right result. If you had beaten Derby at home you would have gone up instead of us.

Dear me, you should of collected all your tears. Then you could have put our "shithole" under water :'( maybe that would of brought a smile your faces

I'm not going to let a few rude, angry individuals ruin my view of your club. Once you've been promoted via the play offs and not so aggressive maybe we can all be human beings lol. You've a class club and you will be playing premier league football next year.. If you truly believe you were robbed then lightening won't strike twice

Just striking you, once, would make me smile.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now to the game. Unfortunately for you Ayala and Gibson dominated.
Despite the ref incorrectly giving you plenty of free-kicks, we were by far the better team until you scored, then we had 10 minutes of madness, before getting back into it. We were poor in the final third though.

The red card, I'm very surprised how you are all contesting it. Studs were up and followed through taking a chunk out of Ramirez on the way.
It's like you've never seen it. Stephens cleanly won the ball, his studs weren't up, and Gaston was late. Gaston didn't have a shin pad where you should have a shin pad. and he slammed his own leg into Stephens, so yes, he got a bad cut. His bad cut has nothing to do with whether or not is was dangerous play, people get hurt all the time.

Stephens only had eyes for the ball, and he got the ball. He didn't lift his foot over waist height. He wasn't out of control, and landed cleanly to carry on playing.

Blaming the whole game on this moment seems a little silly
We just eqaulised and then our goal scorer was sent off! Of course we're going to blame this incident. And time a team wrongly has a man sent off, they're unlikely to win, so of course they're going to blame the incident.

after the red card j thought you played better with 10 men anyway.
That's just daft.

Even if you feel hard done by, decisions like the balance themselves out over a season anyway I think.
Unfortunately they don't.

It's just the most recent one hurts more.
Nope, I'm still annoyed Barton wasn't sent off against us.
I can list many times we should of won games but didn't because of a bad ref decision, ie Derby, Leeds, Birmingham
I'm sure I could name more. And you shouldn't have beaten QPR, they scored a perfectly good goal against you.

I'm a little ashamed of our coach shielding the ball at the end, and also your coach barging Karanka at the end. Poor form from both sides there. I do think hughton is an absolute class act though.
Everyone knows Hughton is a class act, so he must have seen some pretty unfair behaviour to make him act that way. The fact you try to justify it by saying it's poor from both sides is a joke.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
would you all be so adamant it's not a foul if it was the other way around?
If it was the other way round I'd say something like:

'Glad we got promoted. Think we deserved it over the season. Yes it was a poor decision by the ref, but there's no guarantee you'd have beaten us anyway.'

When we've fouled an opponent in the box and a penalty hasn't been given, fans here (not all) tend to say they think were lucky and got away with one. Dunk was sent off against Derby, which could also be the cause of us missing out. Although his first yellow was soft in my opinion, his second yellow wasn't, and all the moaning on here was against Dunk, not against the ref. If it had been a genuine red, fans here would be slating Stephens, but it's so bloody obvious it wasn't, it's the officials and boro players we're aiming our disgust at.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would ask all Boro fans to take a look at the replay. Pay attention to where your player is looking when he swings his leg.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You talk like you'd have become the first league team to score twice at the riverside for 20 months if you had 11 men.
Records are there to be broken, and we've broken plenty this year already. Middlesbrough were under more pressure than they've been under all year, playing a better team than they've played all year. Obviously we don't know we'd have scored, but we'd have liked the chance to play the game and find out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here