Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the away end

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Brum fans came across as a normal bunch who just love their footie. Nice to see the couple who took the vid visited the seafront, certainly looks better than Birmingham city centre. Quite a good advert for an away day in my opinion. Pity they nicked the points, what a goal to win it though!

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Whoa, that lass looks proper dirty...

I mean, littering our wonderful stadium with her pistachio nut shells like that.

Seriously though, how good does the West Stand look in that vid. You can't quite appreciate it fully from N1B. Incredible.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Meanwhile I can vouch for your home support being one of the best in the division. It's rare to hear -ANY- noise from home fans these days. But 2nd half in particular you were consistently vocal.]

IMHO that was our worst atmoshere at the Amex, it never really got going at all. The team were crap and the crowd were nervous and perplexed at the performance of the team. Poor excuse i know but i think most supporters expected more. Roll on Tuesday when the team and the fans can try to rectify things!!

Brum fan in peace

Apr 23, 2012
IMHO that was our worst atmoshere at the Amex, it never really got going at all. The team were crap and the crowd were nervous and perplexed at the performance of the team. Poor excuse i know but i think most supporters expected more. Roll on Tuesday when the team and the fans can try to rectify things!!

Yep, have to take into account the circumstances. We were outplayed and thoroughly beaten at Watford earlier in the season yet we still couldn't hear a peep out of their crowd.

Now West Ham and Pompey are gone, Brighton are probably as good a home crowd as any. Only other impressive home support that comes straight to mind is Forest and Sheff Weds.

Leeds have by far the best away fans IMO - but their home atmosphere is hurt by the vast swathes of empty seats.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That bird certainly is a dirty bitch. Did you see the mess she left on the floor with those pistachios ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Leeds have by far the best away fans IMO - but their home atmosphere is hurt by the vast swathes of empty seats.
Yep, they were excellent down here last season. An immense 3-3 draw where they went in at h/t 2 up and ended up needing a last minute equaliser. That was probably Amex game of the season for a neutral, and the noise from all parts of the ground was LOUD.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Being on the halfway line Brum fans were very quiet saturday, but all away fans have been so far this season, once the North corners are in, I wonder if the away fans will be moved closer to the North stand singers.

Moving the away fans this season, has in my opinion affected the atmosphere at the ground. I also think the ground itself doesnt hold the noise in very well.

It's unlikely that the away fans will move as the part of the east nearest to the north is the family stand.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Striking how the north end looks pants without the corners filled in... wish they'd hurry up and finish them.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Thought she was stunning,but needs to tidy up her act with the nuts :wink:

This can't be right. Palace sang "your support is f***ing shit" when they came down last season, and then showed how it should be done at their place with some dork banging a drum all game, a little corner of 25 comedy "ultras" singing that silly song they like to do, and providing a fearsome, intimidating CARD display.

Oh Simster - I do like a hint of sarcasm :D

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Was that bloke at the end mental wearing a Villa scarf??

It was probably one of the half and half ones that got made for the cup tie. But yes, mental for both buying one (it's not a cup final ffs!), and for wearing it at that particular match.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It was probably one of the half and half ones that got made for the cup tie. But yes, mental for both buying one (it's not a cup final ffs!), and for wearing it at that particular match.
I actually saw another moron wearing the exact same scarf :facepalm:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

A good report. A couple of quick quotes...

"What’s this? A pie, well baked with a decent filling in it! A burger for Will that quite clearly contained meat that was recognisable as having started out as coming from a farm animal whose provenance was not in question and to cap it all, a decent pint of Harvey’s, a Sussex brew well worth the money and delivered out of pipes that are obviously well maintained. What with warm water to wash your hands with in the gents and hand driers that worked it was all too good to be true; a far cry from Stans this!"

"The Bad: There wasn’t any in my view but the even better was the standard of catering and facilities at the AMEX. Well done Brighton; there’s more to getting crowds of 26,000 plus every week than just the football; Blues, take note!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here