Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Best he went.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If he could play half the games in the season for the last 20/30 minutes I think it'd be worth resigning him. However, he didn't even manage that last season.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Well we all know who's fault it was that he didn't get game time after the New Year, and it wasn't his.
He was stuck on the bench when some games were crying out for his skills on the pitch.

He will never wear the stripes again, more's the pity, but what a wonderful time we had when he did and I for one will never forget how privileged we were to see him play for us.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Well we all know who's fault it was that he didn't get game time after the New Year, and it wasn't his.
He was stuck on the bench when some games were crying out for his skills on the pitch.

He will never wear the stripes again, more's the pity, but what a wonderful time we had when he did and I for one will never forget how privileged we were to see him play for us.

Every time he set foot on the pitch the feelings of excitement soared and I always felt he lifted the team and the crowd. Even his mediocre games contained moments of magic. I would love him back (…and playing!). Not since Wardy picked the ball up twenty yards outside the box and began one of his mazy runs have I felt the buzz of expectation. That alone is worth one more season at least………..:)

Aug 23, 2011
As I have said earlier I think that he would be perfect playing as support to Ulloa at least until CMS is up and ready.

Apart from the fact there is a reason he isn't at a club, what use would he be severely lacking match fitness possibly even fitness in general. He hasn't been training so who knows what condition he's in. Yes he was brilliant even sporadically for us but we can't have passengers.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Reckon he could have played more if that Sunderland bloke hadn't sidelined him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As a professional sportsman he would have probably kept himself fit and I would think that he has the experience to offset his lack of match fitness which would come back to him very quickly. I would think

Aug 23, 2011
As a professional sportsman he would have probably kept himself fit and I would think that he has the experience to offset his lack of match fitness which would come back to him very quickly. I would think

Well you would hope so but it's still not the same. Lopez wasn't in as good shape as the rest after his spell on his own whilst the contracts were being sorted over the summer. Without someone else pushing you, youre unlikely to train wuite as hard. Also it depends how much determination he has. Some players can do it, others can't and there has been rumoured questions about his mental state (not that I believed it entirely)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was the club that released him. It's very telling that he went to the Argus with a please come and get me article in August but was still ignored by the club and not one other club in Europe wants him.

Stumpy Tim

It was the club that released him. It's very telling that he went to the Argus with a please come and get me article in August but was still ignored by the club and not one other club in Europe wants him.

He retired. He would have stayed with us as he had friends here, but with no contract forthcoming he retired. Comprendez?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here