Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Vicente (left midfield)

When he was good, he was very good. The winger was a key player in Valencia's title-winning campaigns in the 2001-02 and 2003-04 seasons under Rafael Benítez but countless injuries meant he was never able to reach his full potential. He signed for Brighton on a free in 2011 but fell out of favour with Gus Poyet last season and left under a cloud in the summer, calling the Uruguayan "the worst person I've come across in football". To be brutally honest, this is just a nostalgic selection. When he was good, he was very good. He really was.

He certainly was! :thumbsup:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We must have a few coins left from the Bridcutt sale to get him back on a pay as you play deal ? ???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Reckon Oscar knew all about him and his temperament and said no señor

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Vicente is declared to run in the concluding maiden hurdle at Ludlow tomorrow, if the meeting escapes the weather.

He was an overwhelming favourite when he made his UK debut at Wincanton back in October, but looked a little headstrong and ultimately proved to be a disappointment. Fact that he hasn't run since suggests he may be injury-prone....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
IAQUINTA please.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Vicente (left midfield)

When he was good, he was very good. The winger was a key player in Valencia's title-winning campaigns in the 2001-02 and 2003-04 seasons under Rafael Benítez but countless injuries meant he was never able to reach his full potential. He signed for Brighton on a free in 2011 but fell out of favour with Gus Poyet last season and left under a cloud in the summer, calling the Uruguayan "the worst person I've come across in football". To be brutally honest, this is just a nostalgic selection. When he was good, he was very good. He really was.

He certainly was! :thumbsup:

Wasn't he succeeded by Mata even when he was fit?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Vicente is the single best player I've ever seen play for us and I'd take him back in a heartbeat!

I wouldn't even be mad if he was shit. Because in every game he plays, you'd still be guaranteed at least one 3 second moment of magic, where he'd make the whole crowd go "WOAAAH".

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Yes, there was that game against Barnsley when he "ghosted" past two players as if they weren't there. Magic.

Vicente is the single best player I've ever seen play for us and I'd take him back in a heartbeat!

I wouldn't even be mad if he was shit. Because in every game he plays, you'd still be guaranteed at least one 3 second moment of magic, where he'd make the whole crowd go "WOAAAH".

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I'd love Vicente back. We were always told he wasn't ever fit anyway so what would be the harm in bringing him back? He wasn't on huge wages (according to the club and himself) to which I completely believe, as he once said he had many plenty of money in football and just wanted to enjoy playing in a different experience. The guy wants/wanted to come back to us so I think well why not? We're seriously lacking a creative spark at the moment and when we're without and pace out wide he create next to nothing, a la Derby. Vicente is a player where I doesn't really matter how fit or unfit he is, at this level he can just do things that no one else can. He can unlock a defence with a splitting pass, other teams feared him because they knew exactly what he could do. So many times we played games where we dominated possession but just didn't look like scoring and he came on and unlocked the door for us....see Leeds away & Portsmouth at home during the 2011-12 season. Derby at home in the same season was something else too, never have I see a player take apart another team at this level pretty single handed-ly. Even when he was on the bench, personally I just never felt we were 'out' of a game. Ok he had games where it didn't happen for him but for those magic 20minute cameo's he is so worth it. Short term deal till the end of the season, basic salary of £2,000 a week + a substantial appearance fee.

GET HIM BACK!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IAQUINTA please.

The player I would most like to see at the Albion is Forestieri from Watford. He would be fantastic in our team. Is there any way we could prise him away from Watford?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Bought a tear to my eye-------no one has come near to his skill/passing/pace/shooting/FLAIR-------------------we were lucky to have him despite all the games he missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here