Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente Is Back !!!!

Yeah good thanks, Im trusting your was good also ?

Co-incidence yes, hardly going to be back to his sharpest by the Newcastle game, will make the bench at best I would say.

He is by FAR our best player though, oozes class on the ball, like no other player I have seen

Totally agree with that, his quality is beyond reproach, it's the quantity bit that bothers me.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Wrong on every point, first year I suffered his injury and lack of play time but when he was dead against playing for us this season and it was a condition of his contract then I have a problem, I am an employer and paying wages for someone who wishes not to partake in his role is no use! He has taken us for mugs mate and you've been sucked in, where will he be next year?

When I'm on a rant I try to go over my post before I send it so it reads in English and can be understood. How many people do you employ btw?
I'm thinking of taking him on as an apprentice plumber next year but only on a cash in hand basis:wrong:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Why are people so excited for this? Do you not think that the fact it's on telly and therefore will have an extra couple of viewers has anything to do with it?

The bloke doesn't want to be here, watch him fall back into the medical room until the next big game after this. Get rid asap.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If he was fit enough to be a regular feature for any side he would be in the premiership already. No premier league side would chance wages on a player with his recent fitness record. For me it's a case of let's see what (if anything) we can get out of him between now and the summer before releasing him

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Wrong on every point, first year I suffered his injury and lack of play time but when he was dead against playing for us this season and it was a condition of his contract then I have a problem, I am an employer and paying wages for someone who wishes not to partake in his role is madness! He has taken us for mugs mate and you've been sucked in, where will he be next year?

As a fantastic employer that you obviously are, you would have let him leave in the summer as he requested. Gus stated that he wouldn't stand in his way if he didn't want to stay for a second year. But the club reneged on that and invoked the clause on his contract to keep him. We didn't have to keep him!!
I see no blame on vicentes part at all.. If you make a deal/gentlemans agreement you should stick to it as far as I'm concerned.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If he was fit enough to be a regular feature for any side he would be in the premiership already. No premier league side would chance wages on a player with his recent fitness record. For me it's a case of let's see what (if anything) we can get out of him between now and the summer before releasing him

And Palarse pick him up on a freebie and he plays a full season in the Premiership along side Murray and Wilf........

And then I woke up......

It couldent happen...... Could it ?

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
People are mental the guy has been pretty badly injured. If he gets back to full fitness and contributes towards the end of the season I for 1 cannot wait to get back in my seat and watch.

This is what football is about watching the best play for your team. I know he has been injured but some of the stuff he does with the ball is amazing!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
People are mental the guy has been pretty badly injured. If he gets back to full fitness and contributes towards the end of the season I for 1 cannot wait to get back in my seat and watch.

This is what football is about watching the best play for your team. I know he has been injured but some of the stuff he does with the ball is amazing!

Spot on. But why let the obvious get in the way of other people's fantasy theories........

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good news IMO.

He is the most naturally gifted player I have ever seen play for this club, and I for one will enjoy any chance that we get to see him between now and the end of his time here.

We knew when he first signed that he was never going to play every week, and while of course we all wish we could have seen more of him, even a handful of games between now and May with him at his best could make one hell of a difference to where we finish.

Enjoy him while we can, I doubt we'll see the like of his talent here too many times.

As an aside on his impact at this club, consider this - were it not for Vicente we probably wouldn't have Bruno.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
OH MY GAWD

" splurt"

To watch him play for half a season is worth the season ticket and all the f***ing about at the back!

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I just watched that video montage. Possibly one of the most unselfish footballers I have seen at the Amex the amount of crosses on a plate for the strikers and he really brought the best out KLL.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
As a fantastic employer that you obviously are, you would have let him leave in the summer as he requested. Gus stated that he wouldn't stand in his way if he didn't want to stay for a second year. But the club reneged on that and invoked the clause on his contract to keep him. We didn't have to keep him!!
I see no blame on vicentes part at all.. If you make a deal/gentlemans agreement you should stick to it as far as I'm concerned.
He signed a contract end of! As an employer that is all what matters!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Vicente fit to play against Newcastle? Why am I not surprised?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
' click of the fingers ' and back in the room. No way will he be back for the toon clash, please let him go and replace with some-one who will play more than 6 games a season

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Look. If hes 100% fit for 10 games this season, that could be the difference.

It wasn't last season was it, just 1 win in games Vicente has played in suggests to me we don't actually need him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here