Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Very loud aircraft(?) around 5-45am this morning?

It woke me up and sounded very much like some sort of aircraft. I didn't get out of bed as I just assumed it would be gone in a few seconds. But I would estimate it was at least a minute and half or maybe two minutes before the noise stopped. Mind you, I still didn't get out of bed.

My guess would either be some sort of aircraft circling (must have been a biggie to be heard in Bexhill and t'other side of Brighton) or a very long roll of thunder. But whatever it was it was raining like a monsoon.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
It woke me up and sounded very much like some sort of aircraft. I didn't get out of bed as I just assumed it would be gone in a few seconds. But I would estimate it was at least a minute and half or maybe two minutes before the noise stopped. Mind you, I still didn't get out of bed.

My guess would either be some sort of aircraft circling (must have been a biggie to be heard in Bexhill and t'other side of Brighton) or a very long roll of thunder. But whatever it was it was raining like a monsoon.

i haven't lived in Hove for ages, sorry just not updated my location. This was near Lewes...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Seeing you live in Bexhill, it might've been old Billy banging his dustbin lids, shouting bring out your dead :D

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I heard it as well. I looked at Flightradar24 straight away and it seemed to be a private jet that took off from Reykjavik. I’m not sure where it was going though.

Someone else obsessed with that thing. I go to a pub in Clapham Junction which is plane spotter paradise outside as they go into Heathrow.

I get a bit excited when I see an Airbus 380. This has only happened in the last year.

It really started when I was in Ibiza with the Marine Traffic App. I was sitting in the port having a beer opposite this bling super yacht. Point the phone at the boat and you find out quickly it's owned by Georgio Armani.

And there he was sitting at the back having a cup of coffee. I proceeded to follow him for the entire holiday. For the record, he takes the boat over to Formentera for the day and parks up right at the end of that long golden beach. He is followed by a multi billionaire member of the a UAE Royal Family with him ( can't remember which ) who takes his own even bigger boat.

They return home for dinner in Ibiza Town and repeat.

He's not on holiday at the moment, cos it's moored up Italy at it's home port.

Just be clear, I am not repeat not stalking Georgio Armani.

Falmerfourtickets

Dec 14, 2010
I heard this as well. Checked the flight app, but nothing to report apart from the BA Bridgetown flight.

It was definitely a plane not thunder although it was raining vey hard at time.

My first impression was it was so low, it was too low for the flight app!!

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to Peacehaven & Newhaven gossip it was a USAF refuelling plane.

Ooohh the drama !!!

:lolol:

I really want to know what this was now.

I heard this and my Planefinder app showed two of these heading out over Sussex from what must have been I guess an airforce base in Cambridgeshire or that way.
They were a good few mins apart but not heard a noise like it before.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_KC-10_Extender

This, a KC10 USAF refuelling plane.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Must admit I thought it was a police helicopter...reminded me of when I was living in South London when the OB would have to send a chopper up on a very regular basis at all times of the day and night due to the regularity of the need to chase villains who were fleeing from the site of their various criminal misdemeanours!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here