Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

VERY important announcement kicking off at 6pm

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brilliant, there are more Apple detractors on this thread, than the Apple followers they are mocking. :facepalm:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Brilliant, there are more Apple detractors on this thread, than the Apple followers they are mocking. :facepalm:

I hope i'mnot included as a detracter.

Both apple and microsoft have made outstanding and life changing contributions to society and computing, however as companies they are both as bad as each other. Microsoft want to kill competition rather than beat it and see them selves as being the standards rather than following standards.

Apple are obsessed with preventing any one using what they've got and improving it that isn't approved.

Oh and they CONSTANTLY play the linux card of being different from windows, even though actually they're not that different from windows in the way they cost a f***ing fortune and are closed sourse.

Their products though, the OSX is a beautifully written OS. Ipods are revolutionary. Windows is a very good platform. The Zune (i've heard) is a fantastic bit of kit.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Apple fanboys are weird. They remind of Scientologists in their fanatacism and they way they respond to any criticism. Apple make some nice stuff though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I hope i'mnot included as a detracter.

Both apple and microsoft have made outstanding and life changing contributions to society and computing, however as companies they are both as bad as each other. Microsoft want to kill competition rather than beat it and see them selves as being the standards rather than following standards.

Apple are obsessed with preventing any one using what they've got and improving it that isn't approved.

Oh and they CONSTANTLY play the linux card of being different from windows, even though actually they're not that different from windows in the way they cost a f***ing fortune and are closed sourse.

Their products though, the OSX is a beautifully written OS. Ipods are revolutionary. Windows is a very good platform. The Zune (i've heard) is a fantastic bit of kit.

The difference is that Apple haven't cornered the entire computer market demanding you use their OS. Use their computer, use their OS. It's a simple model that has withstood the test of time. Use our computers, don't mess with our OS. It's not a hidden agenda.

Microsoft on the other hand only have their software product, and pretty soon, like with Firefox being a viable alternative to Explorer, people will realise they have a choice to run OS's other than win-doze on their PC's.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The difference is that Apple haven't cornered the entire computer market demanding you use their OS. Use their computer, use their OS. It's a simple model that has withstood the test of time. Use our computers, don't mess with our OS. It's not a hidden agenda.

Microsoft on the other hand only have their software product, and pretty soon, like with Firefox being a viable alternative to Explorer, people will realise they have a choice to run OS's other than win-doze on their PC's.

Just because its not hidden doesn't make it much better.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
apple-btm-event-01-top.jpg

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
It's great - people write on here about their dislike for Apple, and then the Apple fanboys protect the company furiously LIKE IT IS THEIR OWN! :lolol:

Anyway, Apple are shit. :fishing:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
You see, it's not actually VERY important. I just put that to reel in the Apple haters.

I'm no apple hater, I have an Ipod touch which i think is great. Don't subscribe to the world according to apple though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here