Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vegetable Tagine and Rice in the East Stand

Vegetable Tagine

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023
I have had it. It's alright. I'd rather they'd do a nice vegan burger though, there are so many good ones available now I cannot understand why they don't do do them. Much easier to eat than the pies which thankfully are now vegan.
Are they ?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
As people have said it's the only Gluten Free option and as a Coeliac I have the Tagine when it's not bloody sold out (Snickers otherwise). Pretty tasty IMHO. My fairly recent diagnosis also means that I can't now drink beer. Never did I consider when I watched the Albion at the Goldstone many years ago that one day I'd be ordering a chick pea and courgette tagine with wild rice and a glass of red wine at the football :oops:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I have had it. It's alright. I'd rather they'd do a nice vegan burger though, there are so many good ones available now I cannot understand why they don't do do them. Much easier to eat than the pies which thankfully are now vegan.
They used to do a veggie burger that was potato/pea/carrot based (like birds eye veggie fingers) but stopped and never got an adequate replacement. I actually prefer bean burgers that arent meat like alternatives (e.g Moving mountains) but my kids prefer those

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As people have said it's the only Gluten Free option and as a Coeliac I have the Tagine when it's not bloody sold out (Snickers otherwise). Pretty tasty IMHO. My fairly recent diagnosis also means that I can't now drink beer. Never did I consider when I watched the Albion at the Goldstone many years ago that one day I'd be ordering a chick pea and courgette tagine with wild rice and a glass of red wine at the football :oops:
Is the cider not gluten free as well ? I had a spell of it and was ok with it - and actually it was nice compared to other mainstream ciders

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't think 'Gluten Free' and 'Coeliac' had been invented before we got to the Amex :lol:

Seagull Saz

Aug 18, 2013
I have had it several times. The composition seems to vary a little each time. I’ve always enjoyed it and will have it again. Last time I asked for it, they didn‘t have any and I was quite upset!

Mar 4, 2023
The vegan non-pie option seems to change monthly as far as I can tell. Today’s offering was a cauliflower and lentil Thai yellow curry, very tasty and an extremely generous portion. A little too spicy for me but I get a similar nose running reaction from too much black pepper, so probably about right for normal humans!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here