Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vegetable Tagine and Rice in the East Stand

Vegetable Tagine

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Not sure if it's available in the rest of the Amex, but I simply do not believe that anyone has ever bought this on a match day.

Prove me wrong.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have had it. It's alright. I'd rather they'd do a nice vegan burger though, there are so many good ones available now I cannot understand why they don't do do them. Much easier to eat than the pies which thankfully are now vegan.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I have had it. It's alright. I'd rather they'd do a nice vegan burger though, there are so many good ones available now I cannot understand why they don't do do them. Much easier to eat than the pies which thankfully are now vegan.
The pies are vegan? Cheeky sods, they advertise them as Steak & Ale and Chicken & Gammon. To be fair I didn't notice a difference in taste.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I agree wholeheartedly.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm confused why they'd serve it with rice rather than couscous which would be more authentic, far easier to cook and less likely to give you food poisoning sitting at a weird temperature for 5 hours

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The pies are vegan? Cheeky sods, they advertise them as Steak & Ale and Chicken & Gammon. To be fair I didn't notice a difference in taste.
The veggie ones are now. They were not to begin with, and I did mention this to Piglets a long while back. I'm glad that their pies are now available to all those of the veggie persuasion. Now my complaint is that they run out of them in the WSU too quickly!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm confused why they'd serve it with rice rather than couscous which would be more authentic, far easier to cook and less likely to give you food poisoning sitting at a weird temperature for 5 hours
It seems like an unnecessarily fancy product, a nice vegan burger or hotdog would be just fine. No need to over think it, we are at the football not a restaurant.

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
I’ve had it. Thought it could do with a bit more spice. But Mrs Snowflake disagrees (she can’t take the heat). Now the old Veggie burgers they used to serve a couple of years back were great. Mrs Snowflake wants them back!

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Been vegan for nearly two years i think.

Brighton order between 800-1000 pies a game i do believe.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Its the only Gluten free option on the menu. I know someone who would usually have this in the past. The Tagine has been pretty sparesly available since the Liverpool Cup game however, so they've taken to sneaking in their own Gluten free sandwiches as there's bugger all else they can eat bar packets of crisps and sweets.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
One of the Uckfield Agriculture crew who sit behind me in the lower west has it every game and says it’s the best thing they sell in the way of food.Personally I’ve never bothered wit it

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I have the tagine most matches, I prefer it to a pie but it's not been available in the North Stand for the last few home games (despite still being advertised on the board). Hoping it's back on Saturday!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not sure if it's available in the rest of the Amex, but I simply do not believe that anyone has ever bought this on a match day.

Prove me wrong.
At a recent home game I witnessed something quite spectacularly middle class.

A man got to the front of the queue in the concourse, then after checking he turned around and shouted;

"Seb....SEB! SEBASTIAN - THEY'VE RUN OUT OF THE VEG TAGINE, WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"

I struggled not to laugh.

Fair to say we're not a Burnley or a Millwall, are we?

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I’ve had one in the North stand back in the championship.. pretty decent.. and I had no idea what it was before buying..!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here