Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Interesting. If, and its a big if, he really prefers Man City to us? His agent may advise him to sign new deal with Boca (as we do with our own stars), which with a higher release clause may well price us out and keep city in?

City won't have any problem paying what Boca "reasonably" demand, I'd guess we have a limit in what he's perceived to be worth and what we would pay.

All of course, entirely speculative!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Athletic reporting that Man City are signing a young Argentinian attacking midfielder from River Plate to loan back out - and say the club has distanced themselves from signing Barco.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
‘Played down the chances of signing him’’ not ‘distanced’ - I think that’s slightly different tbh - it suggests either Citeh still want him but things are moving in another direction or Citeh are just keeping things close to their chest. Alternatively we stand a good chance to compete in the bidding if Bocca sees a greater advantage in a for example a 20% sell on clause if they sell to us than if they sell to Citeh and he gets loaned out. Given our track record for developing youngsters and selling them on for ridiculous profit - it would potentially be a lucrative arrangement for Bocca that could suit all sides possibly.

(They’ve been interested in striker, Echeverri for a while I beleive - he‘s capped for the U17s at the Under-17 World Cup in November.)
To add to this Echeverri is pretty much the most promising Argentinian in a while but the general feeling is that his ego means if he moves early it's likely he won't progress as he'll feel he's made it.

It's also why he's not played many minutes despite being so promising.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Interesting.
Sam Lee is the Athletics City journo.

Attachments

• IMG_6410.jpeg
    IMG_6410.jpeg
    566.4 KB · Views: 321

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I honestly think he’s coming to us.

Every team that has been linked to him have dropped their interest, except us.

Could be the other clubs know he’s made his mind up, and he’s coming here.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If that’s the case, RDZ should surely start Facu in his favoured No.10 position on Thursday.
I think Goodnight has deserved his place at the No 10 position after his Palace display. I was also impressed with his display there in the Marseille game. Probably can’t do the full 90 minutes but surely 60-70 minutes with Lallana replacing would be the plan?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think Goodnight has deserved his place at the No 10 position after his Palace display. I was also impressed with his display there in the Marseille game. Probably can’t do the full 90 minutes but surely 60-70 minutes with Lallana replacing would be the plan?
He deserved it before then - but yes, Lallana or Gross - RDZ wants Facu to learn from Lallana - I think Facu is not far off doing 90mins now - he is looking much better conditioned and has been doing 70‘ fairly comfortably.

(But apologies- Facu’s performance has nothing to do us acquiring a defender/with a Valentin Barco thread!)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
According to Twitter today he’s going to PSG, Man City, Leeds (on loan after Man City sign him) and Leicester 🤣
Was that the Brighton bear or whatever he’s called? 🤣

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The rumours that we’re in for his Boca teammate Ezequiel Fernández have surfaced again also.

If we’re in negotiations for one, then…

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
As multi-club ownership seems to be the fashionable thing at the moment I wonder how long it will be until an owner buys a South American club. More and more players coming over from there every transfer window

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
As multi-club ownership seems to be the fashionable thing at the moment I wonder how long it will be until an owner buys a South American club. More and more players coming over from there every transfer window

City Group already own clubs in Uruguay and Brazil. Not to mention China, the US, India, Australia and 5 (!) in Europe. No doubt they've got an African club in their sights too.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
City Group already own clubs in Uruguay and Brazil. Not to mention China, the US, India, Australia and 5 (!) in Europe. No doubt they've got an African club in their sights too.
I had no idea they had that many! Thanks for the info

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I believe 777, who are working on a takeover of Everton, own several others European clubs as well as one in South America.

I think with the third party player ownership issues that are still prevalent in South America, it is probably a bit more complicated to do the multi-club thing there. I’m only guessing though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here