[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If the lad is good enough, and the club consider the signing good business, then his availability for 2 or 3 league matches will not influence their decisions one tiny bit (unfortunate as the timing of that competition is).

My point was re the timing more than anything. We are unlikely to say no (we didn't to Mac Allister and that's why he joined up with the squad later after he returned from his loan with Boca Jrs). It's just going to be unfortunate that we could be missing Mitoma, Adingra and possibly Baleba and Facundo, plus this fella if he joins all at the same time, on top of our injury list.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I tend to think that we will lose out on this one which is why we are also linked with Samuel Iling Junior of Juve, and Juanlu Sanchez of Sevilla, albeit Sanchez is a right back, RWB.
Would love to be proven wrong though.
I the links are genuine, then it's credible that we'd be looking to sign them as well as, rather than instead of, seeing as we're seriously short of full-backs.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I'd file under 'total BS'. 3k followers and lives in Glasgow. Probably couldn't point out Argentina on a map.

View attachment 171399

Just to show the 'quality' of his knowledge, has an exclusive ITK scoop that Ashworth is going to ManUre.

View attachment 171401

See Ashworth is trending on Twitter now, seems unlikely, but Ashworth to Man United could have legs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
See Ashworth is trending on Twitter now, seems unlikely, but Ashworth to Man United could have legs.
I remember when Newcastle fans were pissing themselves with excitement when Newcastle paid the release clause and Ashworth joined them in early 2022. They completely disregarded the Tony Bloom factor and were convinced that he was the man at Brighton responsible for discovering unknown players like MacAllister, Bissouma, Mitoma and Caicedo. Bless.

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023
I remember when Newcastle fans were pissing themselves with excitement when Newcastle paid the release clause and Ashworth joined them in early 2022. They completely disregarded the Tony Bloom factor and were convinced that he was the man at Brighton responsible for discovering unknown players like MacAllister, Bissouma, Mitoma and Caicedo. Bless.
They get a big fat contract, they fill their boots and that's that... they don't need a head of recruitment, just ask beheadie Eddie who he want's.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Doubt he will.
I suppose it depends on what he wants as a career move, or , more importantly, what his agent persuades him is best for him.
Join a PL team like Brighton where you have a real chance of playing lots of games or go to a top top PL club earn more money and hardly ever play.
I hope he looks at what has happened to Ali Mac, Caicedo & Bissouma.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Read somewhere that Leicester would profit from a move to Man City........they sign him and loan him to Pep's mate there ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think the difference here is the window is about to open and he would reduce the chances of a move.
Indeed. This was the most insightful part of the quoted article in my opinion:

“In addition, they want to raise the exit clause, which is currently $10 million. It should be remembered that Boca wanted to give him a higher clause when he renewed, but his representative refused, just as he only accepted that the contract was for one year and not for 4 as the Xeneize leadership wanted.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports