[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
is an awkward contradiction. purpose of the passports is to encourage the last few percent to get vaccinated, while not actually stopping them from everyday life. if there weren't anti-vaxxers and people randomly (loudly) refusingm wouldnt be needed. and the way they carry on they deserve the inconvenience too, shame 90% have to put up with it.

Anti vaxxers? This old nonsense. How many of these people are anti-vax?

The vaccine was for the vulnerable. We are the most vaccinated country in the world.

90% are vaccinated. If they work you have nothing to be worried about.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just got back from Wembley. Pre match the rules were you’ll need a Covid pass and wear your mask.

No one checked the Covid passes, no one wore masks.

And apparently it is okay to drink bottles of beers in your seats. The stewards at Wembley are incredibly lax!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

The vaccine was for the vulnerable. We are the most vaccinated country in the world.

Fiddlesticks.

Considering that millions are yet to be vaccinated, there are many people who think as you do and do not believe themselves to be vulnerable. A very small percentage of younger people get very ill with covid, but small percentages of a large group means very big numbers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why then did people at Boardmasters catch it?

Because at that time the majority of 16 to 29 year olds were not two weeks past being double vaccinated.

(Negative) PCR tests taken in the days before, didn’t mean that 100% of participants did not have Covid on entry.

50,000 folk in close contact for 5 days, as well as on trains going, was a super-spreader event.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Fiddlesticks.

Considering that millions are yet to be vaccinated, there are many people who think as you do and do not believe themselves to be vulnerable. A very small percentage of younger people get very ill with covid, but small percentages of a large group means very big numbers.

Rubbish.

Who are these millions?

People have the right to say no.

To clarify I'm double jabbed. I don't think this isn't a horrible virus. 2 of my kids have had COVID and it wasn't pleasant.

I am not anti-vax

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you could possibly show me evidence that it would stop the spread of this virus maybe I would understand.

I've already quoted you the evidence but it's being played out in front of your eyes. Vaccination has massively reduced hospitalisations and deaths. The numbers for this are in the Government figures and the comparator is that they were higher in unvaccinated lockdown.

You betray yourself. You say you are vaccinated and now you are still questioning IF it works. And you are saying the vaccination is for the vulnerable and in the next paragraph saying 90% are vaccinated. Are 90% vulnerable?

I will ask you this for the SEVENTH time over numerous threads. If you are double vaxxed why can you not just show up at the ground and show your pass?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

No single country has 90% fully vaccinated

9F63EF18-4CA6-48B1-8116-838CD1B434DE.png

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I've already quoted you the evidence but it's being played out in front of your eyes. Vaccination has massively reduced hospitalisations and deaths. The numbers for this are in the Government figures and the comparator is that they were higher in unvaccinated lockdown.

You betray yourself. You say you are vaccinated and now you are still questioning IF it works. And you are saying the vaccination is for the vulnerable and in the next paragraph saying 90% are vaccinated. Are 90% vulnerable?

I will ask you this for the SEVENTH time over numerous threads. If you are double vaxxed why can you not just show up at the ground and show your pass?

OMG I'm not anti-vax. I also think vaccinations work. Why is this complicated for you to understand?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Rubbish.

Who are these millions?

To clarify I'm double jabbed. I don't think this isn't a horrible virus. 2 of my kids have had COVID and it wasn't pleasant.

I am not anti-vax

Rubbish to you.

89 percent of over 16's have had one dose and 79 percent have had 2. That means millions haven't been vaccinated with even one dose and millions have only 1 dose.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
OMG I'm not anti-vax. I also think vaccinations work. Why is this complicated for you to understand?

So why can't you just show your Covid pass and watch a football game?

Are 90% of people vulnerable or not? I missed that answer.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Do you understand why people don't like vaccine passports?

Do you understand why the British nation has never shown ID cards?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Do you understand why people don't like vaccine passports?

Do you understand why the British nation has never shown ID cards?

British people show ID cards all the time.

You show your passport to get in and out of the country. The Driving Licence has been photo for a long while now and the police have always had the power to ask you to show it. You need an NI Number to work. Your phone and laptop are full of passwords, photos and locations that give away who you are, what you're doing and what you like to people who are far more shady than the Amex stewards.

Why do you ignore my questions and ask your own?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Rubbish.

Who are these millions?

I am not anti-vax

Its seems even if you have had 2 jabs - if you are not keen on passports for domestic use/jabbing kids with a vaccine that was designed for adults you are somehow anti vax

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

You show your passport to get in and out of the country. The Driving Licence has been photo for a long while now and the police have always had the power to ask you to show it. You need an NI Number to work. Your phone and laptop are full of passwords, photos and locations that give away who you are, what you're doing and what you like to people who are far more shady than the Amex stewards.

How many of those things do you need to show on a daily basis?

I am 50/50 on passports, but none of those things are close to being the same.

What you need them for doesnt even make sense and is full of holes.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

If you think showing a passport or proof of age is the same as a medical identification I can no longer engage in this conversation.

I'm not ducking your question. I like many others (hopefully a majority) object to showing medical papers or any other form of ID to go about my daily business, if that be dancing, watching sport, worshiping or going to the shops.

You quite frankly sound like the preacher from Footloose who banned Kevin Bacon from dancing

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
How many of those things do you need to show on a daily basis?

I am 50/50 on passports, but none of those things are close to being the same.

What you need them for doesnt even make sense and is full of holes.

Your phone transmits data on more than an hourly basis.

And if you drive like a prick you'll be asked for your licence every day.

At the Amex Community Stadium Brighton you will be asked for it about one or two times per month. Why is that an issue?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Per the BMJ last month:despite these drops in efficacy—vaccines in use in the UK (Pfizer BioNtech, AstraZeneca, and Moderna) all reduce the risk of death by more than 85%, regardless of variant”.

Great news obviously.

But it’s not a guarantee of always beating Covid, for example with the many thousand of over 65’s who attend Amex games.

I can see why the Albion’s Board and now the government, wouldn’t want unvaccinated/untested/people not carrying antibodies mingling with the potentially vulnerable.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you think showing a passport or proof of age is the same as a medical identification I can no longer engage in this conversation.

I'm not ducking your question. I like many others (hopefully a majority) object to showing medical papers or any other form of ID to go about my daily business, if that be dancing, watching sport, worshiping or going to the shops.

You quite frankly sound like the preacher from Footloose who banned Kevin Bacon from dancing

I’d rather attend the football knowing the vast majority (accepting a few selfish ****s will try to circumvent the system) there are double-jabbed or negative tested…….so quite happy the club are implementing procedures to make this happen. More or less a ‘safe place’ as far as I am concerned

I’m largely avoiding places (avoiding nightclubs and churches hasn’t materially impacted my life choices) where the unvaxxed and ignorant are likely to be pressed up against me. I wear a mask in the shops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports