Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58452953

Suspect we are close to what the club were predicting as Vaccine Passports will be mandatory at big indoor gatherings. Well done Paul Barber :clap2:

It’s almost like the club had some kind of communication link with the Government and put some clear plans in place, including using non-mandatory games as test events to make sure they ironed out any wrinkles. Remarkable :)

‘UAT’ in your world :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s almost like the club had some kind of communication link with the Government and put some clear plans in place, including using non-mandatory games as test events to make sure they ironed out any wrinkles. Remarkable :)

‘UAT’ in your world :)

Exactly.

While this stage is really for indoor events (I think clubs, gigs and raves) you could define the concourses as a large indoor event. Either way I expect it to extend to PL football very soon, as did the club. Top preparation.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58452953

Suspect we are close to what the club were predicting as Vaccine Passports will be mandatory at big indoor gatherings. Well done Paul Barber :clap2:

I can not see how anyone is happy about wanting show medical papers to go to a sporting event, theatre, church, night clubs etc..

I know I'm in a minority on this board. I hope the Labour party and the Libertarian wing of the Tories vote it down.

What is the science behind this? My kids have caught COVID at festivals this summer, this make no sense

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I can not see how anyone is happy about wanting show medical papers to go to a sporting event, theatre, church, night clubs etc..

I know I'm in a minority on this board. I hope the Labour party and the Libertarian wing of the Tories vote it down.

What is the science behind this? My kids have caught COVID at festivals this summer, this make no sense

If Labour and the Libertarians join forces then both will be as discredited as I can ever remember. They're sworn enemies.

If you don't understand the science behind the vaccinations when we have gone from being locked up with 1000 deaths a day to living a relatively free life with less than 100 then I really can't explain it further to you. You're literally witnessing a successful double blind vaccine trial. See also Smallpox.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Maybe if all the festival goers had been required to be double-jabbed, they wouldn’t have caught it ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Maybe if all the festival goers had been required to be double-jabbed, they wouldn’t have caught it ?

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Good point, very well made.

Of course, at a festival where the audience is mostly under 40 catching Covid isn't such an issue. Whereas, at football where there are a lot of over 50s, you need to be even more careful.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
If Labour and the Libertarians join forces then both will be as discredited as I can ever remember. They're sworn enemies.

If you don't understand the science behind the vaccinations when we have gone from being locked up with 1000 deaths a day to living a relatively free life with less than 100 then I really can't explain it further to you. You're literally witnessing a successful double blind vaccine trial. See also Smallpox.

I'm double vaccinated so what is your point?

Are you saying showing that info makes me less likely to pass it on?

Please show me this science.

Have you seen the info from Boardmasters and Reading festival?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I'm double vaccinated so what is your point?

Please show me this science.

Have you seen the info from Boardmasters and Reading festival?

Lots of questions.

If you're double jabbed then just show your passport on the way into the game. What's the issue?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

There are studies and analysis which show transmission from people who are double vaxed is lower.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Lots of questions.

If you're double jabbed then just show your passport on the way into the game. What's the issue?

Would that make you safer?

Why don't you show papers when going to supermarket, work or pub?

I don't think I should have to show papers to go about my life, why is this complicated to you?

If you could possibly show me evidence that it would stop the spread of this virus maybe I would understand.

I don't believe in discrimation or a divided society and in my view this is a slippery slope.

At the moment care workers are being made to have a vax but not NHS workers - does this make sense?

I can get on a crowded tube to work in London but not go to the Amex and my kids can't dance in a nightclub, this in my mind is madness

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I don't think I should have to show papers to go about my life, why is this complicated to you?

If you could possibly show me evidence that it would stop the spread of this virus maybe I would understand.

I don't believe in discrimation or a divided society and in my view this is a slippery slope.

At the moment care workers are being made to have a vax but not NHS workers - does this make sense?

I can get on a crowded tube to work in London but not go to the Amex and my kids can't dance in a nightclub, this in my mind is madness

It’s unpopular on this board..but I agree…..look at Australia for example where I believe it’s the state governor of Victoria basically saying that the unvaccinated will not be able to participate in the economy..In his words “locked out”

Anyway I’ve said my piece …I hope it doesn’t come to fruition…..I’ll stop there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why then did people at Boardmasters catch it?

Being double jabbed significantly reduces your chances of catching it, makes it less likely you’ll pass it on to others and most importantly massively reduces your chances of ending up dead from it. It doesn’t mean you won’t catch it.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It’s unpopular on this board..but I agree…..look at Australia for example where I believe it’s the state governor of Victoria basically saying that the unvaccinated will not be able to participate in the economy..In his words “locked out”

Exactly this.

It's the authorities way or you are excluded, locked up etc..

The Specials played Brighton Centre last night, absolutely heaving but at the Amex it's masks etc...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

is an awkward contradiction. purpose of the passports is to encourage the last few percent to get vaccinated, while not actually stopping them from everyday life. if there weren't anti-vaxxers and people randomly (loudly) refusingm wouldnt be needed. and the way they carry on they deserve the inconvenience too, shame 90% have to put up with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here