Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Uwe Rosler In The FRAME

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I genuinely think he'd be the best candidate to take us up. If he can almost get there with Brentford...

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Are we not a bit worried that he took Wigan to where we are now? I know he did great things at Brentford though, but a bit of a risk just now?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I genuinely think he'd be the best candidate to take us up. If he can almost get there with Brentford...

Take us up! Not really our primary concern this season. He almost took Brentford up from league 1 BTW. Did you mean Wigan in the Championship?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Are we not a bit worried that he took Wigan to where we are now? I know he did great things at Brentford though, but a bit of a risk just now?

A bit, but I'd say less so than Karl "Third Division Stalwart" Robinson. Pulis would obviously be the biggest name in the running but, like Sherwood, I can't see him either lowering his level to us, nor getting along easily with the, erm, more difficult powers that be.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A bit, but I'd say less so than Karl "Third Division Stalwart" Robinson. Pulis would obviously be the biggest name in the running but, like Sherwood, I can't see him either lowering his level to us, nor getting along easily with the, erm, more difficult powers that be.

I don't think it will be an issue for any out of work manager taking a short term contract. The problem only lies if we want someone to sign for two or three years.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think it will be an issue for any out of work manager taking a short term contract. The problem only lies if we want someone to sign for two or three years.

Have you noticed our current league position!?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Have you noticed our current league position!?

Your question doesn't releate to my comment. How about coming back with a counter argument if you do not agree with what I said.

Me answering yes doesn't prove what I said is wrong ??? and are you saying we must get a manager on a 3 year contract?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Your question doesn't releate to my comment. How about coming back with a counter argument if you do not agree with what I said.

Me answering yes doesn't prove what I said is wrong ??? and are you saying we must get a manager on a 3 year contract?

My point, which you obviously missed (sorry about that), is that our board should ONLY be concerned with getting us out of the mess we are in THIS season. We are now in 'fire-fighting' mode. What happens 2 or 3 seasons from now should not be the focus. Put out the fire, then worry about next season and beyond. The best 'fire-fighter' out there is Pulis IMHO. If he wants a short-term contract, make him an offer on that basis. If he wants a longer-term one, then make him that offer.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
My point, which you obviously missed (sorry about that), is that our board should ONLY be concerned with getting us out of the mess we are in THIS season. We are now in 'fire-fighting' mode. What happens 2 or 3 seasons from now should not be the focus. Put out the fire, then worry about next season and beyond. The best 'fire-fighter' out there is Pulis IMHO. If he wants a short-term contract, make him an offer on that basis. If he wants a longer-term one, then make him that offer.

You didn't make a point, but you missed mine though. I was saying that it would be fairly easy to get a top, out of work manager, to drop down to our level, on a rest of the season long contract and try and save us.

What part of my comment do you disagree with?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mrs Khedira?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 122

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You didn't make a point, but you missed mine though. I was saying that it would be fairly easy to get a top, out of work manager, to drop down to our level, on a rest of the season long contract and try and save us.

What part of my comment do you disagree with?

This bit: "The problem only lies if we want someone to sign for two or three years." I've already explained why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here