Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
rosler-bomb-old-trafford-650x435.png

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Every time we've been in the dog doo we've had a bald bloke rescue us...Steve Gritt, Russell Slade.....go on Tony B, give the job to Rosler and we'll be nice and safe by January.

He used to have a mullet as well - what's not to like?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This journo doesn't get a lot wrong:

[tweet]547364513964900352[/tweet]

Thought it merited it's own thread :moo:

Maybe, but then on 15th December he twitted that: "Tim Sherwood in frame to replace under-fire Brighton boss Sami Hyypia"

I'm pretty sure the 'doesn't get a lot wrong' line was trotted out then, too...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think Uwe would be ideal for us at this time. He's incredibly focused, knows what he wants, and ambitious.
The main problem is that his family are settled in Cheshire. His son plays for Man City academy. Would he come to us?

As an aside his wife, Cecile (ex Norweign distance runner) is extremely fit and very charming.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was one of the first people I thought of when the position became vacant. Wouldn't be disappointed with UR.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Again what has he done, apart from getting sacked from Wigan. We need a proven manager that can get results and save our season and that is Pulis

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Again what has he done, apart from getting sacked from Wigan. We need a proven manager that can get results and save our season and that is Pulis

Laid foundations for Brentford's push for the premiership, EUFA cup experience with Wigan, top 6 last season with wigan, has experience prior to those 2 jobs including firefighting at molde. A lot more going for him than Poyet or Garcia or Hyppia when they were appointed... probably too much for Bloom.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Uwe Rosler has just been on Talksport.
He said it was an attractive job for any out of work manager.
He was then asked have you been approached and he said "all I can say at this time is what I said before, it's an attractive job"

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Laid foundations for Brentford's push for the premiership, EUFA cup experience with Wigan, top 6 last season with wigan, has experience prior to those 2 jobs including firefighting at molde. A lot more going for him than Poyet or Garcia or Hyppia when they were appointed... probably too much for Bloom.

Big question mark over this season at Wigan but before that he'd looked a really good young manager first at Brentford and then turning round Wigan's season last year. They must have had top 2 form after he took over. Would not be against Rosler but would have concerns at how badly wrong it went at Wigan this year (although they've not exactly improved under Mackay).

Jimmy Grimble

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Do it Tony. Get him in.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Better than Timmy. Although I'd rather we got Pulis (if that's a possibility).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here