Uwe Hünemeier signs for Albion on a three-year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He only mentioned it once and I thought he got away with it
cdf50d9acfa5c64a577fe2ae9dc7fb9b.jpg

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Why do people keep saying that Dunk will leave now, Do they even realise how dumb they sound, Ever heard of squad rotation and injuries!.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why do people keep saying that Dunk will leave now, Do they even realise how dumb they sound, Ever heard of squad rotation and injuries!.

Signing Hunemeier means we can now sell Dunk before a replacement comes in, but we would still need to replace Lewis.

The best solution is really to give him a pay rise and keep him if possible for at least 1 more year.

albionite

May 20, 2009

Maybe because we are Brighton fans and used to selling our best players. Still don't think we will sell to Fulham

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Indeed. I am still haunted by the day we ran out of central defenders vs Derby:

Brighton & Hove Albion
29 Kuszczak
14 Calderon
03 Greer (Chicksen - 24' Booked )
05 Dunk Booked
17 Ward
04 Andrews
38 Ince
30 Buckley (Lua Lua - 57' )
11 Orlandi (Mackail-Smith - 57' )
35 Lingard
19 Ulloa Booked

I think this squad is stronger on paper than that one. So much more actual competition in every position bar the wingers now.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Signing Hunemeier means we can now sell Dunk before a replacement comes in, but we would still need to replace Lewis.

The best solution is really to give him a pay rise and keep him if possible for at least 1 more year.

Double his wages to keep him for another year and if we don't go up or challenge then accept that at 25 he'll be prime pickings for a lower half Prem team at an exceptionally high fee. If however he has a £5m release fee and a Prem team come in for him in the next three weeks then he's offski but I don't think he'll go personally.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
WHat do you mean "Greer is the captain, so wont step down to the bench"????? Does that come from your source as well...... I think you'll find he'll have no choice its he's dropped.

We don't need to keep all three happy, Greer isn't good enough for where we need to be this season, hopefully the German is.

I mean Greer being captain is unlikely to be dropped to the bench. Not many teams have their captain on the bench do they? Or take the captaincy away and then relegated to the bench?

I agree Dunk is the better of the two hence why he is the one in demand. Don't get me wrong I think we should keep all 3 and Slowly phase the new guy into the team, Greer isn't getting any younger, which if a replacement for Aaron Hughes as Naylor tweeted then this would be ideal IMO.

As they say, time will tell. Be interesting to see if Dunk starts away on Saturday, if he ddoesn't that will get this place in a tis. :lolol:

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Greer "a great leader"??

That alone makes me question the overall analysis of Hünemeier above.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Well let me put my neck on the line. I have inside information and I can tell you that tomorrow there is going to be major news and I think it will happen before midday.

It's gonna piss down!

Take a bow my friend. How did you know?? Is your source Micheal Fish?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports