Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Utterly obscene

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I had a look at Newcastle fora this week. Virtually to a person, they don’t give a jot that the new owners are (in effect) a murderous and barbaric regime. Instead, elated to see the back of Ashley (understandable), but with zero respect to their current manager Bruce who’s done more than OK, and salivating about their new found riches to attract the best manager and players from across Europe.

The Saudi’s are loved on Tyneside already. Subject to FFP, with wealth of £320B they easily usurp Mansour’s resources of £23B.

At a stroke eliminating one of Brighton’s usual relegation rivals each August, making it that much harder for the Albion to extend its stay.

But that’s modern football. Even the broadsheets revealing over the last 5 weeks all the hugely expensive transfers ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are actively working on.

And proves two points.

1: Newcastle fans and in general Premier League fans have no moral compass.

2: The fit and proper owner rule, is complete and utter bollox, because money sweet money has ****in ruined football .

I love Brighton, I love my club, and thank Jesus everyday Mr Bloom is our chairman, but I’m afraid I worry the road football is travelling down, is not the path I’m comfortable with.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not a trick or rhetorical question, but if the Saudi’s were taking over us instead of Newcastle, I wonder what the reaction of the Albion fanbase as a whole beyond NSC would be?

I have a sinking feeling that in the main it would be great excitement. As it would be at CP, Norwich, Stains, Watford, Spurs, Arsenal.

Anything for success, anything for trophies.

As someone once said, it’s a funny old game.

I would personally go to non league, the Saudi Regime has caused untold misery in parts of Yemen

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Same here. I’ve very much enjoyed the break from the constant ‘noise’ that comes with PL football in 2020 - transfer business, record transfers and contracts, agents, all the leeches earning fortunes by attaching themselves to the gravy train, the radio chat as if it’s life itself. NSC’s got even more interesting without the natural PL focus.

I still see myself still going to the Amex for a long time to come, not least for the trips out with my son.

I hope TB’s PL strategy succeeds in the face of ever wealthier backers elsewhere, willing to dish out player contracts at another level to us.

...and not to mention the constant controversies , was he ? , wasnt he ? did he mean to do it ? , Martin Atkinson ,..Jon Moss, Lee Mason,. The Complete And Utter Shyster.. Stupid Linos, VAR , Moronic chants and chanting , dirty rotten cheats...gobshites ... .its the game we love man !..lol

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
99 year old man walks around his garden umpteen times to raise millions for the NHS.
Potential Premier League club owners offer similar millions to another man to manage said club next season.
Could there possibly be any worse timing?
The non footballing world should be calling out this obscenity from every part of the media.

My head tells me that I am done with top level professional sport of all kinds as it has no moral fibre of any kind.

My heart keeps dragging me back to The Albion, seems I cannot discard over 40 years of support easily.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I’m pretty much done with it too. I’ll retain an interest in us but almost kicking myself I renewed again this season.

I don’t identify with anything the Premier League rabble stand for and am almost willing us to be relegated.

The sooner the greediest in the land **** off and join a European league the better.

I want football back as it was and should be and if that can’t happen then I’ll turn my back on 33 years of the Albion.

If professional sport generally doesn’t take this pause for what it is as a chance to reset then I’m done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had a look at Newcastle fora this week. Virtually to a person, they don’t give a jot that the new owners are (in effect) a murderous and barbaric regime. Instead, elated to see the back of Ashley (understandable), but with zero respect to their current manager Bruce who’s done more than OK, and salivating about their new found riches to attract the best manager and players from across Europe.

The Saudi’s are loved on Tyneside already. Subject to FFP, with wealth of £320B they easily usurp Mansour’s resources of £23B.

At a stroke eliminating one of Brighton’s usual relegation rivals each August, making it that much harder for the Albion to extend its stay.

But that’s modern football. Even the broadsheets revealing over the last 5 weeks all the hugely expensive transfers ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are actively working on.
Everything now makes sense.

I'll hazard a guess over there is The Whataboutary Olympics.

Competitors from all over the globe, in peak physical condition, have congregated in order to once and for all to find the world's greatest whataboutaryer.

Our representative left in fantastic shape, very much at the top of his game.

It'll be tough but he's got to be looking at a podium.

#TeamTB.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

My Geordie mate who lives in Spain is utterly enamoured by the club's new owners. He simply refuses to even contemplate the difference between Mike Ashley who treats workers poorly, to a murderous state which beheads people who it regards as a threat. For some reason, the mantra 'don't mix sport with politics' is regarded as an adequate defence for every raised point including the question 'Do you think the SA govt pass the fit and proper persons test?' I am very disappointed in him and have honestly lost some respect as he is completely beguiled by the money.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Not a trick or rhetorical question, but if the Saudi’s were taking over us instead of Newcastle, I wonder what the reaction of the Albion fanbase as a whole beyond NSC would be?

I have a sinking feeling that in the main it would be great excitement. As it would be at CP, Norwich, Stains, Watford, Spurs, Arsenal.

Anything for success, anything for trophies.

As someone once said, it’s a funny old game.

I'd be done with the Albion if that happened to be honest

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Same here. I’ve very much enjoyed the break from the constant ‘noise’ that comes with PL football in 2020 - transfer business, record transfers and contracts, agents, all the leeches earning fortunes by attaching themselves to the gravy train, the radio chat as if it’s life itself. NSC’s got even more interesting without the natural PL focus.

I still see myself still going to the Amex for a long time to come, not least for the trips out with my son.

I hope TB’s PL strategy succeeds in the face of ever wealthier backers elsewhere, willing to dish out player contracts at another level to us.

The social and community side of going to the football is what keeps me going. Don't get me wrong, I still go through all the emotions of the game as much as the next person, but I wonder if I'll have mellowed a lot in that regard once by the time it does all get going again.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
If professional sport generally doesn’t take this pause for what it is as a chance to reset then I’m done.

Its such a shame that this period doesn't seem to have made football pause and reflect on where it's at and where it's going. You could also say the same about governments and the general population and the environment. How quickly local environments have changed - or were changing with the world in lockdown. You can bet your bottom dollar that the world will return to exactly the way it was despite this huge opportunity to reflect on and change the way we live.

Greed and power is the biggest disease of a significant percentage of the human psyche unfortunately.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The phrases "Fit and Proper" and "Financial Fair Play" have been brutally stripped of any meaning whatsoever by the PL. Newcastle will have a widely considered Not Fit and Proper new owner with obscenely enormous amounts of cash which will buy them success in a Financially Un-Fair Play manner. That's about the sum of it, surely? So something must be wrong here? Or is it just me?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It'd be interesting to really know what we'd do if they came to The Albion with all their millions. On the face of it it'd be easy to say "I'd be off to watch Arundel, Southwick, Shoreham etc" but would we really? Or would we enjoy us beating the likes of Pilarse by ease, winning a trophy at Wembley, travelling to Baku to see us win 0 - 2 in Europe, watching the best that the World can provide scoring for our team, buying last years top scorer, and being first on MotD. I'd still like to think it'd be the end of my Albion supporting days but I'm not sure, when it came to it, it would be. UTA!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It will also be interesting to hear the songs next season and see how Sky & the BBC plan on blocking them out.

"1 - 0 to the barbaric killers, 1 - 0 to the barbaric killers"

"Sing when you're killing, you only sing when you're killing"

"Blood money la la la, Blood money la la la"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It'd be interesting to really know what we'd do if they came to The Albion with all their millions. On the face of it it'd be easy to say "I'd be off to watch Arundel, Southwick, Shoreham etc" but would we really? Or would we enjoy us beating the likes of Pilarse by ease, winning a trophy at Wembley, travelling to Baku to see us win 0 - 2 in Europe, watching the best that the World can provide scoring for our team, buying last years top scorer, and being first on MotD. I'd still like to think it'd be the end of my Albion supporting days but I'm not sure, when it came to it, it would be. UTA!

I have business dealings with a life long City fan and have talked football with him for 30 years. He was a fanatical fan, even when City were in Division 3. He lost interest very quickly when the current regime arrived and never goes any more as he thinks the heart has been ripped out of his club. As you say it would be an interesting scenario should we be taken over in the same way and who knows how we would all react :shrug:

It’s very easy to say you’d walk away...but would you? One thing is certain the club would not have any problem replacing long term fans who walked away.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The internet does make me laugh sometimes. Middle aged men literally sick to the stomach at their keyboards at the idea of a salary. I bet you’re not. And if you are, as others have pointed out, you’ve picked the wrong battle with those scumbags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I surprise myself with the personal pride I attach to MY club when MY club goes above and beyond its duty as just a football club.

From Shoreham to today Messrs Bloom Barber players and managers never put a foot wrong which makes me feel honoured and proud to be a Seagull as well.

Unsurprisingly I can guarantee sportswashing The Albion would instantly remove that entire chunk of my support, from the equation.

It wouldn't remove me, but I'd certainly not be singing any praises or applauding the catering staff after buying the league and removing 'sport' from the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here