Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

USA / Canada Cities

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
St. Louis is very decent having spent 4 months there.

Not sure there is enough to do there for 5/6 days - city museum,arch, science museum, bud factory, the loop.... All decent and Busch stadium is a must for a game.

Boston is good, as is Vancouver.

Miami is shit and LA is my least favourite place in America.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'd go for LA.....a long flight for just 5 days, and you will probably need a day to adjust (jet lag), but there is loads to do - the beaches at Santa Monica/Venice Beach are fab, and there's loads for the culture vulture (some great art museums). If you had slightly longer, I would suggest exploring Santa Barbara, Pasadena, etc. The BIG plus with LA is the weather will almost certainly be great.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Key West is great. Give it at least two nights so you can have a big night in Sloppy Joe's and other bars and not have to drive back the next day. Boat trips out over the reef, plus visit the Hemmingway House. Interesting little museum on Henry Flagler's railroad over the sea and the tropical storm which washed it away and many lives. Stop off at the Dolphin Research Centre at Marathon Key on the way there. Great sea food everywhere on the keys. The everglades near Florida City also a good day trip.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Speaking as a San Diego resident - Miami. Agree with all previous advice about how cold the winters are and how dull some of the other options. Miami is easily the best mix of travel distance, weather, sport, culture and things to do for this duration at this time of year.

have a great day

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
For a trip in February, Miami all day long. California will be nicer than Boston but it still won't be warm enough to enjoy like Miami.

You have the Keys and the Everglades nearby and if you need your sports fix the Heat play downtown and hockey is not so far away either.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I know you want to visit north America, but Feb is not the best month. Personally I would go the Buenos Aires in Argentina. Cracking city, fantastic food, watch good football, warm weather and lots of interesting sites to visit. A lot cheaper when you are there than north America as well.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
All good advice so thanks, Dallas crossed off the list what has Boston got to offer ?

Not sure Boston will hold your attention for five days. Some historic buildings, watch some whales in the bay, yadda yadda.

How about Seattle maybe?

Jul 7, 2003
How about San Antonio or Austin? Not been yet but on my list and in Feb should be nice and warm.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
St. Louis is very decent having spent 4 months there.

Not sure there is enough to do there for 5/6 days - city museum,arch, science museum, bud factory, the loop.... All decent and Busch stadium is a must for a game.

Boston is good, as is Vancouver.

Miami is shit and LA is my least favourite place in America.

I lived in Miami in the early 1990s and I have to disagree, but then when you get to know a place fairly well you appreciate it more. Miami Beach is overrated unless you're interested in architecture (and beaches), but Miami itself is fascinating, and a trip to the Everglades and the Keys is highly recommended.

I also like LA. Been there several times and there's always something new to see or do, even downtown, which is undergoing something of a renaissance.

The problem with February, of course, is that you're still two months shy of the baseball season. You won't see many games at Busch Stadium then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How about San Antonio or Austin? Not been yet but on my list and in Feb should be nice and warm.
Austin is nice, but it's still Texas, although less texasy than the rest of Texas, only with added Lance.

Give with one hand, take away with the other.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not sure Boston will hold your attention for five days. Some historic buildings, watch some whales in the bay, yadda yadda.

How about Seattle maybe?

Tempt me, what is good in Seattle apart from Kurt Cobain

And another thought was Detroit, and yes I know it is not raved about but looks interesting.

St Louis looks good as well

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7007173 said:
I'd give Dallas a miss...

In the words of Paddy Power we hear you, not such why as research on the web made it look quite good

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
In the words of Paddy Power we hear you, not such why as research on the web made it look quite good

Out of curiosity what made it sound good? I've only been there on an office Christmas party one year. ( it was a three day affair). From what we saw there was absolutely nothing to offer. A bit of JFK sight seeing but in all honesty the whole downtown area was dead as a door nail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here