Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US visa help

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
on my own BMF and did use I390. Wish I had some family around me. With the documents I think you will be ok but just be prepared for an unpleasant experience. Don't lose your cool just smile, keep saying thank you. At the end of my experience I was told that " we love you Brits ans have a nice day" Grrr!
You should have said you were on your way as I was still there then and you could have popped in for a cuppa. Did you notice the town of Brighton just outside Rochester :)

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
i've always had more trouble getting in/out the US border at canada than flying in from the uk.

if you've just been turned down for a visa too for those reasons i'd think you'll find it VERY tricky to get in on a visa waiver.....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
can't you just go, via canada sounds simple, Mexico probably easier!

then stay there

millions have succeeded, and it works very well for England apprently

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
can't you just go, via canada sounds simple, Mexico probably easier!

then stay there

millions have succeeded, and it works very well for England apprently
awww zef you have put a smile on my face for the 1st time since I was denied a visa.
I know it is a risk trying Canada but at least I can stay there and my girlfriend can come up at the weekend. My aunt has already agreed to put me up :)
thanks for all the advice / attempted help :)

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone out there got any experience of USCIS visa information. I got rejected for a tourist visa as I was stupidly honest saying I was going there to spend some time with my girlfriend :( Anybody got any ideas ( sensible ones ) about what I can do now as I am at my wits end at the moment :(

Holy moly, I moved out there, came back here and have since visited many times, but you've got be clear, compliant and consistent in your take as possible my freind.

If you're looking for an extended visa a few things count in favour. One is the 'what's in it for the USA factor' which primarily means a business trip generating something for America or an American company. Second is very key and that's evidence that you do not intend to stay there at all. Return flight tickets yes, but I have a friend who got stuck at North Carolina when they suspected him of not wanting to return and he said "you must be bloody joking, it's bad enough I have to come out and spend time here with you second rate fanatical idiots let alone live here and frankly if I can go back and tell my company you won't let me visit you'd be doing me a favour" or something to that effect. He was being genuine by the way, they laughed, granted him approval to stay and mockingly told him to enjoy his stay and have a nice day. He was sorely dissapointed.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
why is it to go legit is twice as hard and expensive as doing it on the quiet . . .so to speak ?

thats seems to be the general gyst of international travel these days, inhibit the honest and relax on the rest . . .

thats it . ..fly to NYC and claim assylum, insist on 1st class hotel assylum obviously, none of your Youth hostel type stuff, with full visiting rights in a penthouse sweet obviously.

I think a monacle would help, and perhaps a 3 piece tweed suit :cool:

awww zef you have put a smile on my face for the 1st time since I was denied a visa.
I know it is a risk trying Canada but at least I can stay there and my girlfriend can come up at the weekend. My aunt has already agreed to put me up :)
thanks for all the advice / attempted help :)

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Holy moly, I moved out there, came back here and have since visited many times, but you've got be clear, compliant and consistent in your take as possible my freind.

If you're looking for an extended visa a few things count in favour. One is the 'what's in it for the USA factor' which primarily means a business trip generating something for America or an American company. Second is very key and that's evidence that you do not intend to stay there at all. Return flight tickets yes, but I have a friend who got stuck at North Carolina when they suspected him of not wanting to return and he said "you must be bloody joking, it's bad enough I have to come out and spend time here with you second rate fanatical idiots let alone live here and frankly if I can go back and tell my company you won't let me visit you'd be doing me a favour" or something to that effect. He was being genuine by the way, they laughed, granted him approval to stay and mockingly told him to enjoy his stay and have a nice day. He was sorely dissapointed.

I think that was my problem. I told them I was going to see my girlfriend and that when her divorce is final I would fly back and apply for a k1 visa. I should have said I was just travelling around the country:shrug:
I am going this time with a job offer, my dads hospital appointment and an appointment for my solicitor as well. I just hope it is enough for me to visit again as I have just come off the phone with her and again she is in tears which is breaking my heart :(
Zef, yet again you have made me smile. thank Christ Tede managed to get to live with you :)

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
BMF,

I think you may have a problem. INS use the same system at all points of entry to the US, and the fact that you have been denied a US visa will count against you. One of the questions on the I94 Visa waiver is "have you ever been denied a US visa" and it will take a virtuoso perfromance to get you ver the border.

Coming from Canada is safer, because at least you can stay in canada if you are refused entry, but i think that you're going to be struggling to gain entry to the US.

More happy thoughts available at no extra charge from atp!!

there's always the boat from cuba??

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Mate..im living out here and i am getting married to an American girl and i am going through all the visa shit over here.
Right....first of all, get engaged, that will grant you a 90 day visa. You will have to get married within that time frame, but hey if your moving half way across the world why not make it real.
I have a friend who has gone down the same path as me and went to law school to become an immigration lawyer....let me know if you want his contact info...im using him for my case.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Mate..im living out here and i am getting married to an American girl and i am going through all the visa shit over here.
Right....first of all, get engaged, that will grant you a 90 day visa. You will have to get married within that time frame, but hey if your moving half way across the world why not make it real.
I have a friend who has gone down the same path as me and went to law school to become an immigration lawyer....let me know if you want his contact info...im using him for my case.
thanks tiptop. I have pm'd you :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here