Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US visa help

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Anyone out there got any experience of USCIS visa information. I got rejected for a tourist visa as I was stupidly honest saying I was going there to spend some time with my girlfriend :( Anybody got any ideas ( sensible ones ) about what I can do now as I am at my wits end at the moment :(

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Erm ... dont you currently fill in a Visa Waiver form on the Aircraft ... on the way out? Thats what I'll be doing on Monday .....:bigwave:
You can not if you have been denied a visa. I was trying to get a year one instead of a 3 month vwp

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why do you assume I can help you on this ?.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
So presumably they've let you in and you have how many days to get out?
No Ted. I booked a flight back for Sunday so I could have an extended visa interview in London on monday so I am stuck in the UK at present :(

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I'm confused as to why you wouldn't travel under the VWP? Or have you already done 6 of those?

Been there 3 times in vwp for total of 6 months. I wanted to get a visa so I could stay for 6 months instead of returning every 3 months. I have just spoken to the consulate and they said I can try the vwp with not assurance as it would depend on the poe guard. I am going to try to get in through Canada with some family members as I hope that it will work. I need to take documentation to prove I intend to return to the uk so any ideas on that would be great.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Been there 3 times in vwp for total of 6 months. I wanted to get a visa so I could stay for 6 months instead of returning every 3 months. I have just spoken to the consulate and they said I can try the vwp with not assurance as it would depend on the poe guard. I am going to try to get in through Canada with some family members as I hope that it will work. I need to take documentation to prove I intend to return to the uk so any ideas on that would be great.

Ahh I see what you were trying to do now - get a non immigrant visa - they are bloody difficult!

Things to prove your returning are your return air ticket, I'm presuming you haven't got a job here to get a letter from your employer? if you haven't then a letter showing you have a job interview here or something? or a doctors appointment here with a letter confirming?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Ahh I see what you were trying to do now - get a non immigrant visa - they are bloody difficult!

Things to prove your returning are your return air ticket, I'm presuming you haven't got a job here to get a letter from your employer? if you haven't then a letter showing you have a job interview here or something? or a doctors appointment here with a letter confirming?

Getting a letter with a job offer on it and am getting return flight tickets as always. Dad has an appointment for hospital in March and going to get a solicitors interview letter or something like that to show my intent to return. I just hope it is enough

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good luck. I'm still smarting from the grilling I got from U.S. Immigration when I took a flight to Detroit. For some reason they didnt believe anyone would take a vacation in such parts.....and I had to list various Detroit tourist sites to aid my case. Bizarre.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Best of Luck BMF. Hope the extended Visa interview goes well. I went through the Canadian border a couple of weeks ago at Niagara and handed in a completed Visa Waiver Form. I was on my way to Corning NY to see the finger lake area but had not booked any hotel so could not give a US address. They did not like that. The US Gestapo also would not believe that there was anything worth seeing but having a return flight ticket to the UK from Toronto seemed to do the trick. Mind you as it was an E ticket they first accused me of making it up. I had to get them to phone BA. As I sat in the "waiting" (detention) room I did wonder if I was about to be manacled and taken to an upper NY state prison. Not a pleasant experience.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Best of Luck BMF. Hope the extended Visa interview goes well. I went through the Canadian border a couple of weeks ago at Niagara and handed in a completed Visa Waiver Form. I was on my way to Corning NY to see the finger lake area but had not booked any hotel so could not give a US address. They did not like that. The US Gestapo also would not believe that there was anything worth seeing but having a return flight ticket to the UK from Toronto seemed to do the trick. Mind you as it was an E ticket they first accused me of making it up. I had to get them to phone BA. As I sat in the "waiting" (detention) room I did wonder if I was about to be manacled and taken to an upper NY state prison. Not a pleasant experience.
Were you by yourself when you travelled. I am taking so much documents to prove I can return and that I am touring lots of places.
my girlfriend lives in Dansville which is of I390 which I guess you used to go to Corning

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Were you by yourself when you travelled. I am taking so much documents to prove I can return and that I am touring lots of places.
my girlfriend lives in Dansville which is of I390 which I guess you used to go to Corning

on my own BMF and did use I390. Wish I had some family around me. With the documents I think you will be ok but just be prepared for an unpleasant experience. Don't lose your cool just smile, keep saying thank you. At the end of my experience I was told that " we love you Brits ans have a nice day" Grrr!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here