Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US election (merged threads)

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Absolutely. it is incredible how thick just short of 60 million people can be, all of whom have had first-hand experience of living in the US, and seeing how it has developed over the last few years. What they need is illumination from someone with superior knowledge like yourself.

Developed into some scary places.

Is it developed when you introduce a law on US college campuses that allows a woman to accuse a man of rape and with no representation or Police involvement. The self appointed college judge and the jury get to label a man a rapist and have him removed from the college and taint his name forever with no right of representation or Police involvement.

That's the kind of developments that occurred under Obama and Hilary.

That's some scary 1984 shit going on there.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Is it developed when you introduce a law on US college campuses that allows a woman to accuse a man of rape and with no representation or Police involvement. The self appointed college judge and the jury get to label a man a rapist and have him removed from the college and taint his name forever with no right of representation or Police involvement.

Are the college rape figures down?

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Here in Malaysia, Trump's victory has spawned dozens of conspiracy theories :ffsparr: one in particular stands out (Jewish conspiracy bollocks where according to some film, Trump's victory in Florida makes him able to become the most powerful man in the world and is controlled by Jews) this is why I often call Malaysians 3rd world :facepalm:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Question Time tonight is manfully struggling to make sense of the Trump result. And not making much headway IMO.

This could be a great programme but consistently misses the chance for an honest discussion.....partly the panel, partly the audience, partly the Chair. Andrew Neil would be better perhaps.

I think when Dimbleby asked who in the audience wanted Trump and one person spoke up shows the audience stance. Turned off after that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Interestingly, Hillary said that the victim should always be believed. She didn't seem to apply that logic to the 'victims' of her husband.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Question Time tonight is manfully struggling to make sense of the Trump result. And not making much headway IMO.

This could be a great programme but consistently misses the chance for an honest discussion.....partly the panel, partly the audience, partly the Chair. Andrew Neil would be better perhaps.
Far too many angry women on the panel so too much time was wasted on ranting about Trump being anti-woman, and not enough on the more interesting aspects of the effect Trump will have on the rest of the world.

Oh no - The above sounds like Trump himself !!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[/B]

Yes, it is amazing that a politician like Trump who has appeared to be so crude on many an occasion has prevailed. So surely you have to ask yourself why. Ok, you are talking about powerful people, vague as that sounds, who may or may not be able to "control" him ,as you put it, but that does not explain how he won the election. If you say that two weeks before, the autocues was changed, then I would not presume to disagree with you, but the masses voting for him, would surely have made their minds up long before that. DT set out to champion the cause of the disaffected, outside of the NY and Californian Bubble, and it has paid dividends.

Disaffected? Median HH income of DT voters $72k, think we'd be pretty happy with that in the UK wouldn't we?

For them it seems life isn't that bad, but you know it would be better if wasn't for all the immigrants ruining their lives.

See if DT delivers anything for Americas dirt poor?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Trump's powerful slogan of making America safe again, and making America great again was always too much when up against a corruption tainted, disliked, career politician with the charisma of a wet lettuce, who was selected simply because it was her turn.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Disaffected? Median HH income of DT voters $72k, think we'd be pretty happy with that in the UK wouldn't we?

For them it seems life isn't that bad, but you know it would be better if wasn't for all the immigrants ruining their lives.

See if DT delivers anything for Americas dirt poor?

The median of 25 million people isn't really the strongest thing to base an argument on... And trump wasn't clearly anti immigrant, was he? He was anti foreign countries talking American jobs eg. by China's currency manipulation. Which is by the way a fairly left wing policy.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
But you hate the gays Looney, must have irked you.

I dont hate gays, i hate gay politics these are not the same thing. Thats why "His Royal Fagness" as he likes to be called Milo states things like 7% of women identify as feminists but 80% plus believe in equality, this big gap shows they are not the same thing either. Both are subsets of Identity politics, which I hate and is in part all the Democrats had and is why they lost.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Probably did him a huge favour that that went unnoticed by most, he would have lost a lot of those Bible nuts over that.

Not so sure, reading the comments section on Brietbart where the Bible nuts ad gay brigade are going at each other the nuts are still going to vote for Trump,They just dont like Milo, the other gays on there or the social liberalism..

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I dont hate gays, i hate gay politics these are not the same thing. Thats why "His Royal Fagness" as he likes to be called Milo states things like 7% of women identify as feminists but 80% plus believe in equality, this big gap shows they are not the same thing either. Both are subsets of Identity politics, which I hate and is in part all the Democrats had and is why they lost.

oh I've read NSC long enough to know you hate the gays Looney

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...eople-vote-for-donald-trump-us-voters-explain

We are middle America, we are the hardworking people who are holding this country together with our roots, and we are ready to have a country that keeps its cheque book in balance like we do with our private bank accounts.

– Rachael, 34, Indiana, small business owner

I believe Trump will be a good president because he knows how to make deals, deals that will make America prosperous again. We need to bring our nation together. I like the fact that all three branches are controlled by the same party, now we can get down to the business of straightening out our country, taking care of our people, our veterans, getting the economy moving again and repealing Obamacare.

– Nate, 58, Pennsylvania, retired from the federal government

I cried when I left the polling location because I don’t like Trump at all. I was deeply saddened to vote for him.
I am trusting in the checks and balances of our country to prevent him and his poor-judgment from damaging the country too much. Hopefully Trump will not affect my daily life.
Trump has the opportunity to elect a supreme court member, maybe even two or three members considering the current health and age of some justices. Justices serve for a lifetime and I do not want the justices to be liberal. I want conservative laws therefore conservative justices.
I can deal with a somewhat low four years, but I couldn’t deal with a supreme court that swings liberal and I couldn’t deal with losing gun rights. I hope the years fly by and that he will do as little damage as possible. I am deeply saddened by these options and I am not proud of our president in the least.

– Andrea, Florida

I couldn’t decide who to vote for until the day before voting. It was one the hardest decisions I have ever made.
I decided on Trump for one reason: no-fly zones. Hillary guaranteed full scale war with Syria on day one. I mean how do you expect to initiate a no-fly zone over a sovereign nation? That would then in turn guarantee a conflict with Russia, which will assuredly lead to war.
I’ve previously voted Al Gore, Bush, Obama, Obama, and now Trump. I hope for a sincere shake-up and a breath of fresh air. Trump is a slimy scumbag, who wears it like a badge of honour. But Trump is exactly what you get, Hillary is a phantom and you can’t know what’s real about her. Fainting in New York saying it was heat when it was a mild day, then saying it was pneumonia finally. Lying straight-faced about her emails.Countries may be laughing at us but it took some balls to elect Trump last night. I don’t think a single person who casted a vote for him felt good about it. I sure didn’t, but felt like there was no other choice. It was either Trump or guaranteed war.

– Paul, Ohio, software engineer

The first woman president should have integrity and that historic moment should not be tainted by someone like Hillary Clinton. Donald Trump might not have political experience but I truly believe he has the American people’s interest at heart.

We need to bring jobs back to our country, make the economy stronger and hopefully unite all people. I feel Obama has put a wedge between the people of this country. We should be looked at as individual merits and not by the colour of our skin.

Trump won’t take nonsense from anyone and he doesn’t have any special interest he has to make happy. He’s for the people!

– Arlene, New Jersey

Under Clinton I would have just held out my hand and stopped dreaming. Under Trump the American Dream is revived!
I may not agree with his too-rich-to-care insolence or his private life with women, but I agree with his platform and passion.
He gets things done and his drive is proven. He fails and he fails better.
I voted for Trump to keep the minimum wage hike down, retain our constitutional gun rights, and keeping close to the constitution and immigration. I can now start planning my next boutique without the threat of a minimum wage hike. I can afford to get sick while I’m working 60 hours a week to get my business off the ground. The fear of the taxation-to-death threat will lessen. Trump is a businessman. He will pave the way for me to start dreaming again.
I hope that the silent majority stops being bullied by the loud minority.
Trump promises to rebuild our army and fight for our safety, I look to see terrorism defeated and the war on cops to end, a solid declaration of war on Isis and a halt to the preference of immigrants before citizens. I hope welfare will be scaled back and employment will once again become the preferred way to support oneself.

I cried when I heard Trump won. There is once again hope for the American Dream!

– Heather, 43, Kansas, small business owner

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
5jYjEBZ.gif

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Looking through those comments from US voters, I think it's obvious that mainstream USA had had enough of the whole Clinton story which goes back 30 years or more.

They knew both candidates for a long time, which is not what we can say about our last General Election, Cameron rose and has now disappeared without a trace in just 15 years.

Miliband too. And don't forget Trump at 70 is the oldest President ever, Hillary at 69 would have been the third-oldest. And remember how we crowed about Reagan's age in 1980?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here