Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Dale Stephens SIGNS 3.5 Year Deal

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

charltonnick

Jan 30, 2014
Hi there, As the username suggests, I am a Charlton fan who is sad to see Dale go.

I think you should be more excited than you are as you've got yourself a very good player who will fit into your style of playing nicely. Like another poster already said, he's got a very natural first touch and is a brilliant passer. He just seems to see things other players in our side can't. He's also capable of the odd wonder goal (One at Blackburn and one against Donny spring to mind).

I imagine the fee wouldn't have been massive as obviously his contract is running out which gives you great bargaining power. Seems funny that he is being bought for a similar fee as our 32 year old striker Kermorgant though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hi there, As the username suggests, I am a Charlton fan who is sad to see Dale go.

I think you should be more excited than you are as you've got yourself a very good player who will fit into your style of playing nicely. Like another poster already said, he's got a very natural first touch and is a brilliant passer. He just seems to see things other players in our side can't. He's also capable of the odd wonder goal (One at Blackburn and one against Donny spring to mind).

I imagine the fee wouldn't have been massive as obviously his contract is running out which gives you great bargaining power. Seems funny that he is being bought for a similar fee as our 32 year old striker Kermorgant though.
I am pretty excited tbh.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

He appears to be the perfect replacement for Crofts who is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury. Initially I see him as a competitor with Crofts but eventually becoming his successor.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Thank you for the post. I AM excited! :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Thanks Dale, good username :wink:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Excerpts from Oscar's quotes in the press release with what he really means in bold (all, imo, of course!).

"......His character is good (unlike Bridcutt) and he will fit well with the excellent squad we already have here (unlike Bridcutt)......Nathan has worked with Dale closely at Charlton (Nathan recommended we get him, and unlike some of our fan base, I respect his opinion) and we have also done our analysis and research (Burke was involved, just like he and Tony have consistently said he would be). I like what I have seen (but I had the final say, just like Burke and TB have consistently said I would) and I am sure he will suit our style, enjoy the way we want to play (unlike Bridcutt) and help us (unlike Bridcutt).....He has played many senior games already - and knows the Championship (so he'll help in our play-off push) - but he is also still young (just like I've always said, I want to work with young players), and is very hungry to succeed (so he should be able to stay with us if we get promoted - hopefully)....."

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Excerpts from Oscar's quotes in the press release with what he really means in bold (all, imo, of course!).

"......His character is good (unlike Bridcutt) and he will fit well with the excellent squad we already have here (unlike Bridcutt)......Nathan has worked with Dale closely at Charlton (Nathan recommended we get him, and unlike some of our fan base, I respect his opinion) and we have also done our analysis and research (Burke was involved, just like he and Tony have consistently said he would be). I like what I have seen (but I had the final say, just like Burke and TB have consistently said I would) and I am sure he will suit our style, enjoy the way we want to play (unlike Bridcutt) and help us (unlike Bridcutt).....He has played many senior games already - and knows the Championship (so he'll help in our play-off push) - but he is also still young (just like I've always said, I want to work with young players), and is very hungry to succeed (so he should be able to stay with us if we get promoted - hopefully)....."

Great post. :clap2:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Conway is getting mentioned on every transfer thread why? He was shit and then got a bit better during his loan period, just dont see why people see him as a great signing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Conway is getting mentioned on every transfer thread why? He was shit and then got a bit better during his loan period, just dont see why people see him as a great signing.
It seems that Brighton fans on NSC fully believe that you're only as good as your last game. Therefore, Bridcutt is shit, Ullao is shit, Buckley is shit, and Conway is shit hot.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Because he puts in a decent cross and I think Ulloa would like that very much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here