Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Dale Stephens SIGNS 3.5 Year Deal

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The problem is his name, it just isn't flair.
I shall now think of him as D Stepheno, much better

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
£500k plus another £200k in add-ons reportedly.
Fantastic deal even if it is money we only had to spend because of injury.

Cash still left over from selling Barnes to pay wages :thumbsup:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
1200 people on the board. The end of the transfer window produces traffic in excess of all but a few match days.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It seems that Brighton fans on NSC fully believe that you're only as good as your last game. Therefore, Bridcutt is shit, Ullao is shit, Buckley is shit, and Conway is shit hot.

Hmmm...that's a tad harsh.

Bridcutt - Most people seem to think that Liam didn't play to his full capabilities in his last few games for us and was holding back. They also don't like the fact that he put in a transfer request and appears to have said he wasn't focussed enough to play for us. So, this is more to do with having a p*ss poor attitude when he wanted away (the more so when you compare his antics with those of Ashley or Bennett, both of whom gave their all up to the end) than suddenly turning into a sh*t player.

Ulloa - Most people are worried about his lack of goalscoring since his return. Has he lost half a yard or pace? Has his first touch just deserted him? Is he not getting the service he needs? It's this latter point that most people seem excited about Conway - he delivers better balls for Leo to get on the end of, than our current folk. So, people aren't saying he's rubbish. they're just saying he's not scoring as many goals as he used to - how do we fix that?

Buckley - Here, more people are saying he's crocked. "He's a sicknote", "his hamstrings constantly go" etc. But even these criticisms are not based on just his last game... they've been there all season (at least).

Conway - people are saying that he got better and better for us. Whether you think that's from a low start to being just average, or from average to a pretty decent player for us depends on your perspective. But people are positive because they hope we sign a player who seems to want to play for us and when he did was consistently improving.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Great player, I'm happy with that signing!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Really happy with this despite the fact I knew nothing of him until yesterday. Great to get some young English talent in the side as well, something we could do with more of.

Any player that attempts an overhead kick pass on the halfway line is fine by me.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
£500k plus another £200k in add-ons reportedly.
Fantastic deal even if it is money we only had to spend because of injury.

Cash still left over from selling Barnes to pay wages :thumbsup:

Trying not correspond with you to much as people might talk ??? but fantastic bit of business and we haven't even touched the Bridcutt money yet :)

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
Goodbye Liam. Thanks for everything. You were with us longer than I thought you would be. No hard feelings from me. Big welcome to Dale.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
My knowledge of Mr Stephens is limited so is he a Bridcutt type replacement (anchor man in front of the back 4 type thing) or is he a Crofts replacement (box to box) or a bit of both (if that is possible). Possibly more important has he got pace which is something the team is crying out for

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Coincidentally shared a plane with him (and the rest of the Charlton team) in the summer from Spain to Heathrow. Stuck in my head because I spent the entire flight trying to remember Stephens' name specifically, remembering he was that Oldham winger (thought he played on the wing for them) that signed on loan for Saints before moving to Charlton. Coincidence

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
As good a post as I've seen in a while.

:thumbsup:

Bridcutt - Most people seem to think that Liam didn't play to his full capabilities in his last few games for us and was holding back. They also don't like the fact that he put in a transfer request and appears to have said he wasn't focussed enough to play for us. So, this is more to do with having a p*ss poor attitude when he wanted away (the more so when you compare his antics with those of Ashley or Bennett, both of whom gave their all up to the end) than suddenly turning into a sh*t player.

Ulloa - Most people are worried about his lack of goalscoring since his return. Has he lost half a yard or pace? Has his first touch just deserted him? Is he not getting the service he needs? It's this latter point that most people seem excited about Conway - he delivers better balls for Leo to get on the end of, than our current folk. So, people aren't saying he's rubbish. they're just saying he's not scoring as many goals as he used to - how do we fix that?

Buckley - Here, more people are saying he's crocked. "He's a sicknote", "his hamstrings constantly go" etc. But even these criticisms are not based on just his last game... they've been there all season (at least).

Conway - people are saying that he got better and better for us. Whether you think that's from a low start to being just average, or from average to a pretty decent player for us depends on your perspective. But people are positive because they hope we sign a player who seems to want to play for us and when he did was consistently improving.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Can't argue with any of that:thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just seen his interview on Player and those words "we are 8th" and not the usual they
fully integrated already

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here