** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Will miss a third of games in a season, due to his glass hamstrings.

£2.5M is decent money for someone who will not have a decent run in the team and who scores 1 goal in every 5 games

Controversial as it may sound, maybe he was faking it to ensure a swift move?

Disclaimer:- "This may only be an exagerated flippant off the cuff opinion from myself, it may not be fact, and may not represent the views of any other poster, person, ex manager or organisation".

D

Deleted member 22389

That ****ing hurts. Hopefully we get some pictures of players in the Police Box, in a Nike shirt with American Express logo quite soon.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Either it isn't as hard as the people at the top are saying or we're just crap at recruiting. Oh, and before anyone jumps in going WE WONT PAY CRAZY WAGE DEMANDS, surely the job of those looking at player recruitment would be determine how much these players would be likely to ask for and their current wages etc?

Excuses wearing thin.

Lets face it, people aren't going to be happy either way - if we don't pay high wages then the club will be accused of lacking ambition, if they go for players within their wage budget then they'll "not be good enough". Perhaps they ARE looking at the possible wage demands and therefore they aren't able to find the right players that are a) available, b) affordable, c) willing to move and d) will improve the team.

Prem teams will usually be able to sign lower league players a lot easier - they dont need to sell the club as much - just say "higher wages" and "premier league football" and its job done.

I know, apply for Burke's job and let us know how you get on.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We're gunna win the league, we're gunna win the league, and now you'd better believe us and now you'd better believe us, and now you'd better belieeeeeve us, we're gonna win the league.

* Sadly the FFP league

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am actually pleased for Buckley, Barnes and Ulloa as they may only have one shot to play in the Prem in their lifetime. I wouldn't wish for anything less.

Looking forward to watching them, it makes the Prem more interesting for me on a personal level, and I hope they take it by storm.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
:(
Makes me sad to be without him. His dink and sprint - against Leeds was it? - was just some of the best skill I've seen in the stripes. I hope I get to see him do that for Sunderland and get reminded of it regularly. Farewell he who ran down the wing for me.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
No doubt Gus will come out again with the same comment he did regarding Bridcutt and say- We've got a bargain as he's worth so much more than what we've paid.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd like to think that this exodus is going to encourage new signings to come here - at least we can hold our hands up and say "look, we won't stand in your way if you want to advance your career".

Or maybe I'm clutching at straws and Barber/Burke etc are all Palace fans?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
We will never know now how well Buckley will have performed when we made Lancing training facility pitches the same as the Amex. Would his hamstrings been ok when training and then playing. I wonder what training and playing pitches they have in Sunderland?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Good luck to Mr Buckley and I'm sorry to see him go but he's basically going to be a bench player for Sunderland isn't he? Cover for Adam Johnson etc.

Hope he proves me wrong though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports