Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sell sell sell. Only get one good game out of him a month, the rest of the time he is either inured or coming back to full fitness.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
£2.5m would be a savy bit of business and well over what I would expect for him. If Buckley was fit all the time I would expect us to get £5-7m for him. The fact that he is either injured or nursing a knock 99% of the time has decreaded his value. Looking at the potential future for the player and given his history of injury I would say his value for the buying club could be even less.

I would value him at £1.5-£2m, only an small increase on what we paid and fair reflection given his abitilty and injury hampered tenure.

£2.5m would a dream in 2 years time, take it while we can and move on!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It doesn't matter how 'good' the bit of business is, we do not seem to be spending the fees we are getting for the players we sell, so it is in fact just more squad weakening.

It seems we are having a fire sale :nono:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It doesn't matter how 'good' the bit of business is, we do not seem to be spending the fees we are getting for the players we sell, so it is in fact just more squad weakening.

It seems we are having a fire sale :nono:
Yep......indeed

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I have been watching the Albion for 50 years and we have never had a good winger before. And now we have two in Lualua and Will Buckley, both with a few years before their peak.

I would prefer Buckley to Borini. And £14 million was quoted for Borini.

Hey! What was wrong with Johnny 'Noddy' Goodchild......21 goals from a winger...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
All of the high Poyet earners will go if we get a decent offer.

Only Buckley, CMS and Crofts remain, I expect all 3 will not be with us by the end of the season

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Local paper up here recons that West Brom are also tracking William Buckley (apologies if this has already been mentioned).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here