NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Start the car I'm going to collect him.

Hope to Christ he can bullshit the medical

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The worrying thing about a Buckley departure is that (despite his injury record and inconsistent form) he is still one of the very few Albion players capable on taking on and beating opposition players, plus he also has an eye for the goal, both are attributes that we are already rather short of and can ill afford to deplete.

It is rather sad that Buckley's form has tailed off because he reminds me of a latter day Kit Napier, one of my Albion heroes. However if we can get a decent deal for Buckley then it could be good business - but only if we replace him with a wide player capable of being at least as good. But I wonder if the traditional style of winger does not really fit into Hyypia's system and that the income might be added to the general transfer pot - rather than on a like for like replacement - especially if Sami considers that a combination of wing backs and KLL or Solly March will suffice?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I mentioned on a previous thread that with our new system of wide players (I mean wingers not fat players) tucking in and playing narrow do we need wingers?

If this is the case sell Buckley!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I mentioned on a previous thread that with our new system of wide players (I mean wingers not fat players) tucking in and playing narrow do we need wingers?

If this is the case sell Buckley!
Anyone else notice Kaz breaking forward from his new central role looking to lay the ball off wide to a winger only to find there wasn't any?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I have been watching the Albion for 50 years and we have never had a good winger before. And now we have two in Lualua and Will Buckley, both with a few years before their peak.

I would prefer Buckley to Borini. And £14 million was quoted for Borini.

I'm on 39 years, but I would take Elliott Bennett over both Buckley and KLL, every day of the week.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Unfortunately he hasn't been the same exciting player since Poyet left. Watch him play really well in the Prem with Sunderland whilst Poyet is there. Another (I presume) big earner off the books.

I think he'll eventually go for between 3 and 4m

Dec 29, 2011
Take the money and add a % of future transfer fee in the contract. If he does somehow overcome his injury problems we may get a nice payout in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports