Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Buckley and CMS will go before this window shuts in my opinion. We are going to have a huge war chest, let's hope players come, we are going to need 6 when these 2 go

The war chest will not be as big as you think, expect freebies and loans FFP will win again

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sell, sell, sell them all.

Any chance of actually replacing Leo and the rest with quality though? ???

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have been watching the Albion for 50 years and we have never had a good winger before. And now we have two in Lualua and Will Buckley, both with a few years before their peak.

I would prefer Buckley to Borini. And £14 million was quoted for Borini.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
£2.5M for a bloke who can't play 3 games straight. And looks a shadow of his former self when he is playing. No brainer.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
If these rumours are true then I am sure we should sell as much we all love Buckers he has not really been performing for 18 months or so and he so injury prone.
Personally, I hope we don't sell CMS as I think he can still do a job for us but if a £1m or so bid comes in.......then yes, let's sell.
The war chest would be significant and I have every faith in the management that we will spend wisely to replace.
There is so much ridiculous negativity on here. Do we really think that TB would mess things up now having invested so much into our club. I have a very strong feeling that we are about to be gobsmacked by a couple of signings before month end.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
For what little it's worth I just read this on twitter. Probably not reliable in the slightest but still...

[MENTION=10185]Dave[/MENTION]JAllen87: Hearing #BHAFC winger Will Buckley is enjoying a meal at Asiana tonight ahead of sighing a contract tomorrow with #safc - few sources.

Anyone care to ring up and ask for him....? :lolol:
http://www.asianafusion.co.uk/

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
He's still young and potentially a very valuable player. I don't think we've used our wingers properly. He's one of the few lass acts left. Yes he's had hamstring problems, but the medical team should be able to adapt training to minimise further problems. We would need to make 2 big signings quickly up front if he goes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In theory you could sell all of our first team squad for a good price but you need enough quality left to compete. I agree at £2.5 million the price isn't bad but it's a moot point if we haven't got a replacement at least as good. Which, right now, we haven't.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been watching the Albion for 50 years and we have never had a good winger before. And now we have two in Lualua and Will Buckley, both with a few years before their peak.

During that time we have had a number better than both of them

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Steve Penney was a class winger.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nick Szczepanik ‏@NickSzczepanik 2m
#safc have bid £2.5m for Will Buckley of #bhafc ? Odd, because Gus Poyet said he was "a £10m player" when he was @OfficialBHAFC manager ..

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Looks like our new player budget is starting to bulge nicely.......:laugh:

Good point, but what worries me is, have we anyone at the club who can spot talent and not waste the money?

All that money being spent on the likes of Dobbie, Lita, Obika, Andrews, by our present recruiting team would worry me.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It appears to me Buckley is in a tough place. He has pace to burn and is only really an effective player when he's using it. However, when he uses it he ends up crocked. He's not been the player he was for some time now aside from the odd flash.

I'd sell and (hopefully) reinvest.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We are a business, not a football club now. So sell him, and further inflate the bank balance. Won't be long before we are auctioning off places in the starting XI...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here