Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now I can't make my mind up. Some of that was sublime
Add to that his goal against Bolton (?) last season, evening game in front of the North stand.

My problem with selling Will now for any price even £2.5m, is it's not his true value.

WB is worth either considerably more than whatever we are offered/accept.
or
WB is worth nothing.

His actually value isn't a 'middling' sum of money.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Is it WB or is it how we play him. He just doesn't seem to have an impact these days when he's on the pitch; we need to see him running at defenders but not just running on the overlap and seeing the ball punted into the corner for him to cross. I'd try him behind CMS running onto the knock downs?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Not worth any more than £2million in my view if that really

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
This is a really tricky situation. If he rediscovers his form, he'll be an amazing asset for us. However, if he continues this season like the last, we may struggle to get the 1M we paid for him :/

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm astonished people would take £2.5, astounded even. He's one of our best players now fitness permitting and one of our only players who can turn a game by himself on his day, if Buckley is sold especially at that price I will be very unhappy & even the optimistic that I am may begin to lose faith for the rest of the season. Granted he's had fitness problems but for me even with them issues it's a massive mistake to undervalue such a good player.

£2.5 million is an absolute steal considering the prices some players go for nowadays.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm astonished people would take £2.5, astounded even. He's one of our best players now fitness permitting and one of our only players who can turn a game by himself on his day, if Buckley is sold especially at that price I will be very unhappy & even the optimistic that I am may begin to lose faith for the rest of the season. Granted he's had fitness problems but for me even with them issues it's a massive mistake to undervalue such a good player.

£2.5 million is an absolute steal considering the prices some players go for nowadays.

Been toilet for 18 months.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Been toilet for 18 months.

He has and with no sign of any improvement in his play I'd be inclined to cash-in. Not sure in any case that he still wants to be at the club now that Gussy has gone.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not sure in any case that he still wants to be at the club now that Gussy has gone.

What makes you think that?

Sunderland were rumoured to be in for him last season. He could have, like Bridcutt, dug his heels in and maneuvered for a move away. As far as I'm aware, he didn't. In fact he played 34 times last season, 15 of which were after Sunderland expressed their interest in the January transfer window.

Even if you are correct, he's shown himself to be a proper professional who we should have no qualms about playing. That being the case if he does go we should get what he's worth, which is, in my opinion, more than 2.5million.

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Is it WB or is it how we play him. He just doesn't seem to have an impact these days when he's on the pitch; we need to see him running at defenders but not just running on the overlap and seeing the ball punted into the corner for him to cross. I'd try him behind CMS running onto the knock downs?

And here is the problem with WB he dosnt play enough consecutive games, getting used to the players around him and them understanding his strengths and abilities. I am a big fan of WB when he is up for it! But it just isn't often enough and I think it maybe time to cash in and play someone with more hunger and strength!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This is a really tricky situation. If he rediscovers his form, he'll be an amazing asset for us. However, if he continues this season like the last, we may struggle to get the 1M we paid for him :/

The real trick in buying players is to get them cheap when they are technically/good and fast players and have not reached their peak yet. And cheaper if they are off-form*. Will Buckley is the type of player we should be looking for, albeit in other positions, not a player we should be selling.

*Unlike Mackail-Smith we bought him when he was on form and therefore over-valued.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
They won't get him for £2.5m. Contracted until 2017, turned down £5m previously (apparently) and the possibility of WBA interest also. Such a shame that he hasn't kicked on (yet) but it'll take more than £2.5m I am sure.

Turned down £5m from Swansea, but that was about two seasons ago when he was 22 and playing really well.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
So according to rumours and hearsay we are interested in Paddy McCourt,if that's true, that's Buckley replaced for nothing by a player who will probably be on lower wages and in my opinion would fit better into Sami's system.

Yes McCourt is inconsistent, but guess what? So is Buckley. I believe McCourt was used as a winger by Barnsley, again its only my opinion but I think he is wasted out wide. You saw last season what he can do through the middle, play him there regularly and you just might get the consistency that he is so sadly lacking. If not, he cost nothing.

Put the Buckley money in with the Ulloa money and whatever is left of the budget and we might just be able to bring in one or two decent strikers.

Buckley and Lua Lua are the only players we have left that have shown they can win games. Why sell players like this to take a punt on an unknown? How much more quality are we going to allow to leave?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Can't understand why we didn't snap up Conway. He was the fans' MOM on Friday evening. And better than Buckley and KLL on current form.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I am sure the club know what they are doing selling all our match winners........However from where i am sitting ,its pretty scary !!!!!!!!

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I would try and push them to £3 million, plus some add-ons to something like £3.5 million.

If we got £3 million, that is 3 times what we paid for him. Similar ratio to Leonardo Ulloa which was seen as a good deal by 99% of Brighton fans looking at that thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here