Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Up to what age is it acceptable to wear Albion Shirts to the game?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not for me, cannot stand them but each to their own

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I asked this last time , as I'm sort've in the wilderness now

throughout my years watching the Albion I've ALWAYS worn an Albion shirt , however I'm now in my mid-20s and with a new era ... is now the time to switch to Polo tops at games? (probably still be one of the Albion ones mind )

oh and like many on the board I LOVE Football shirts so will probably still buy them all , just keep them for as and when.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm 51 and still wear mine. Fans of other clubs like to tell me I'm travelling home in the wrong direction on a Saturday evening. :lolol:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I'm 43 and will wear my replica with pride. Only to matches though. I think when supporting the club you love, age doesn't matter, what I mean by that is I get just as much of a buzz from us scoring today, as I did in 1976. So imo it maters not how old you are when attending games.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
It's funny, sizes have been mentioned, but not fabric, style or vintage...

Obviously a Derby stretched number is not a good look...

The latest repros in the club shop are pony, made of polyester old shite material. If you can find one of the cotton repros that were in the shop probably ten years ago, they look the part, made by Score Draw IIRC. Also, TOFFS did a few repros of our old kits, again worth a look...

I suppose it could be pointed out that the players who wear the kits are in peak physical condition, unlike about 85% of the fans watching them and wearing the replicas, so there will be a few shirt/fan mis-matches :lol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Dont have one myself - but do like to see them (at football only)

Football is so colourful now compared to the drab 70 / 80's

Especially when HOLLAND play-that sea of Orange does look good

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
At games of course any age if it fits and same if going to play footie or watch in pub. Just round town generally or to work I do think is about 12 but just an opinion like.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I am 50 and if i can find one to fit properly will be wearing it with pride , btw need a 50"" chest .

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I think as one gets older a Toff's style heavy duty cotton twill, with hair slicked back using manly brylcreem, is the replica kit of choice.

Yellow stained woolly scarfs, bobble hats and faded rosettes that haven't been washed in a month of Sundays is an absolute fashion crime ( unless one regularly uses the Costa coaches ).

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
1901 Club males should wear designer blue and white striped collared shirts to games and the ladies blue and white striped dresses or blouses etc to get round the replica shirt ruling !! I bloody would if I was in there, maybe a nice off the shoulder number if needs be haha

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
1901 Club males should wear designer blue and white striped collared shirts to games and the ladies blue and white striped dresses or blouses etc to get round the replica shirt ruling !! I bloody would if I was in there, maybe a nice off the shoulder number if needs be haha

Been looking all over for polos/casual shirts with vertical blue and white stripes for ages, can't find any anywhere. Will probably end up with something formal/collared etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here