it´s not easy to read
and it could have been so much better
the only good things about it are
- that it is there
- we took ages deciding on the wording
- and Bobby Z is looking down at it!
my Dad would have liked that

my mum went to her second ever albion game this season
(both v blackpool : guess the other one)
she had a look at the stone
she didnt say it but i bet she wasnt impressed

please add me and the family (6 season tickets) to the list!!
it´s the only blot on a wonderful landscape

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
THE 1ST OF MANY
Certificate Number 0684
Across 3 Down 20

i cried when i saw our stone
not out of dissappointment
but because dad wasnt there to share the AMEX with us

four weeks later... yes i was very disappointed with it,
it´s not easy to read
and it could have been so much better
the only good things about it are
- that it is there
- we took ages deciding on the wording
- and Bobby Z is looking down at it!
my Dad would have liked that

my mum went to her second ever albion game this season
(both v blackpool : guess the other one)
she had a look at the stone
she didnt say it but i bet she wasnt impressed

please add me and the family (6 season tickets) to the list!!
it´s the only blot on a wonderful landscape

This post just HAD to be quoted and THIS is the main reason they have to be sorted. Wonderfully written and no need to edit it for grammar.....it couldn't have been put more beautifully.

Thank you so much for your comment.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
thanks birth of an orange
you will have soon posted in one month as often as i have done in 7 years
well done: great effort: look forward to hearing the results
meanwhile....
"we are top of the league..i say we are top of the league"

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I've got one (which isn't too bad) but I'd hate it if I couldn't read it properly. Add my name

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have no major complaint about the quality, but they should be relaid onto a wall. I will happily add my name to improve the overall 'quality'.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I bought two. Little Coach's stone is not how I spelled it on the order and I'm not happy with how you cant read them due to poor quality colouring of the lettering/background. Please add my two to the list and I will dig out the certificate numbers.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
I couldn't even read them when i was walking past them today and had to look really closely. They don't exactly stand out for something which involves fans being part of the club's history.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Thank you astevens76, Alton Seagull, wellquickwoody, Mrs Coach and Marcus.

I shall be updating the list tomorrow, so if anyone can add their cert.no.'s in the meantime, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My overall view, there are not of sufficient quality (visually) to be placed on the ground like that.

.. and the blue text just doesn't work. They are unreadable.

I walked over them on my first ( and currently only ) visit to the stadium - the game against Doncaster.

They already looked tired and dirty. God know what they will look like at the end of the season.

It's not the money that's the issue (although I didn't actually pay for it), it's really the quality and the location.

I expected a nice little stone that I could look at for years to come. That isn't one.

Nothing else to be done I'm afraid. Dig them and start again. Will be cheaper in the long run, unless the club want to pay the bill to have them cleaned and re-painted every season.

Sorry.....

Last edited:

Muttley

Mar 18, 2004
Hove
I brought one and I am very disappointed with the stone. It is already difficult to read the lettering and the stone is a different colour to the rest (much light in colour). Please add my name - ref number 1729.

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
I too bought one of the stones in memory of my grandad ( passed away many years ago ) and to say thank you to my dad who used to take me to the games back in the 80's.

I agree with most of the points raised above and I am happy for my name to be added to the list (again would need to dig out the number etc). You have to seriously question who at the club (or supplier who made a hefty profit from our money) chose blue ?? Its a bit of a joke which to be honest has been shadowed by the success on the pitch and our wonderful new stadium.

Come on Brighton acknowledge its an error and take some steps to resolve it. A simple change to white may be the answer.. and yes I agree that on a wall is better than the floor.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
So far, over 60 different members have given their support and over 45 stones have been accounted for. May not seem that much, but it's certainly a percentage that needs to be responded to.

You have to also bear in mind that some have yet to give their cert.no.'s and this is but one (albeit the biggest) Albion forum. There will undoubtedly be many more who will add their comments once the word gets around.

You got mine i hope 254

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Add me and TAG76, we got one, most disappointed.
Walked around the ground twice trying to find it.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Thank you astevens76, Alton Seagull, wellquickwoody, Mrs Coach and Marcus.

I shall be updating the list tomorrow, so if anyone can add their cert.no.'s in the meantime, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Even though mine seemed alright when i saw it - Certificate number is 0579 :thumbsup:

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
Don't like to grumble because everything at our fantastic new home is so perfect, & we are very lucky fans to support such a great club at such an exciting time in it's history.
BUT ... the heritage stones are a big big disappointment.
Please add me to the list ... certificate number 608.

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
Hi birthofanorange
I wanted one at the time of issue but due to funds missed out, to be honest when i went to have a look at them i thought they were a disapointment and should have been set in to the wall like other posters, and a different colour used for the text a few of my friends though did get one and ill let them know about this thread.
If the Club or Contractor (Parkers) do ever address the issues raised im sure a lot of fans like myself who missed the boat the first time round would like to have one now and it could benefit greatly the club to start from scratch as im sure with the new higher gates and people experiencing the stadium for the first few times as well as new and older returning fans a lot more could be sold

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I was originally one of those who bought a name on a seat, not seen the stones yet despite 2 visits to the ground but one thing the stone has a domain name on it, it is not anywhere else being bought to fit on the stone that domain had 1 visit last month so I would say they have to be hard to read.

I did not hand over my £250 for anything other than to support our fight for falmer really expected nothing back but a new ground got that now.

However that said some bought the stones for the sake of the stone and I think that needs support

Cert no 255

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here