it´s not easy to read
and it could have been so much better
the only good things about it are
- that it is there
- we took ages deciding on the wording
- and Bobby Z is looking down at it!
my Dad would have liked that

my mum went to her second ever albion game this season
(both v blackpool : guess the other one)
she had a look at the stone
she didnt say it but i bet she wasnt impressed

please add me and the family (6 season tickets) to the list!!
it´s the only blot on a wonderful landscape

Well said Loco. As one of the "many" (and of the six STH) please add my name to this.

Absolutely vital that the stones are redone in some way to improve their legibility and longevity.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Good afternoon, everyone.

I am currently awaiting a response to an initial e-mail sent to both the club and Parkers. Once received, I shall forward the ever-lengthening list along with a selection of comments posted thus far.

Hopefully, there will be somebody in a position to enter into a dialogue regarding the level of dissatisfaction and to propose suggestions to greatly improve the appearance and location of the Heritage Stones.

Below is an updated list - please continue to add your comments and cert.no.'s where possible. As it stands, it would be very hard to ignore the numbers so far, but we could certainly use as many as possible. Thank you all for helping with this! :)

Username Cert. No.
afters 0004
ALBION 28
Alton Seagull
anotherbristolseagull 0989
astevens76 0579
bathseagull
Billy Seagull 0952
birthofanorange 1580 & 1490
BlytheMeister
bobby smith 0254
bobzam
bomber130 1744
Braders 0283
brightonseagulls1
bristolseagull
byf
Caveman
chimneys 0924 & 1046
clapham_gull
Dawn Korus 1638
Deadly Danson 0742
DIFFBROOK 1018
Ditchboy 0939
Ernest
ewe2
generationx
Giraffe
graham moseleys gloves
hastings
Henfield One 0116 & 0117
herecomesaregular 1610
Hillian 1
Horsham by the Sea
HoveHorace
Jack Straw 0129 & 0131
Jameson
Johnny Fever
kingcole
Kneon Light
LadySeagull 1021
levski seagull 0108
Lindfield by the Pond 0505
loco61 0684
LondonBlue
Lord Bracknell
magoo
Marcus
Mo Gosfield
Moshe Gariani
Mrs Coach
Muttley
newhaven gull
nomoremithras4me 1399
october76 1027
One Robbie Reinelt 0608
Paddy
Paul1960 0465
pork pie
PWA
rexwedge 1684
rocker959
ROSM
saltdeanseagull1 0271
scarby 1122 & 1123
scooter1
Seagulls over Essex 0497
seagull stu 0294, 0295 & 0296
southasp 0048 & 0049
spig100963
SuperMario 0017
Surport Local Team
Sussex
SweBHAFC
sweetmods
TAG76
Thunder Bolt
timco 0225
Titanic
Tony Meolas Loan Spell 1096
Toongull 1620
Twinkle Toes
Vega 0036
WATFORD zero 1428
wellquickwoody
Wozza 0003

Last edited:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I thought the whole point in the stones was to pay £100 toward the stadium, not the stones themselves? It's like giving to a charity and expecting a gift in return. Surely it'll cost the club money to make them better, thus defeating the object.

Not sure if this has been covered as I can't be bothered to trawl through loads of pages to see before I reply to this. Alot paid towards the alive and kicking campain and paid considerably more than £99.00 plus VAT. As mentioned previously, this is a bonus for me as I paid £300.00 to help the club 7 years ago and wrote off what I donated. However for those who paid for loved ones lost is surely a kick in the teeth with people walking all over them very disrespectful in my opinion.

Vega

Jul 23, 2011
Brighton
Just received an email response to my complaint regarding missing letter or misspelling. Heritage say they have many issues, whatever that means, and will get back to me when they are resolved.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
However for those who paid for loved ones lost is surely a kick in the teeth with people walking all over them very disrespectful in my opinion.

Indeed, let alone the vehicles that are adding to the rapid deterioration of them - very poor show.

On a similar note, am I correct in thinking that the Falmer For All Campaign Team had their own stone? Has anyone actually seen it? For all the hard graft put in over the years, surely that ought to have some place of prominence, yet I haven't spotted it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was there this afternoon and had a proper look at them with my Mrs. She is gobsmacked that I forked out £400 on what frankly is a crock of shit. They really are bloody abysmal. You have to strain your eyes to read them, MANY are already showing signs of wear but even those that aren't look shit. The whole thing looks like some sort of school project not a professionsl finish to go with the stadium.

I think the only answer is to do the whole thing again PROPERLY in a better location.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
mine was very poor and I complained to the club as it contained a spelling error ( one letter not coloured in that then made it look really bad)

It has been fixed but the overall quality is still preety poor.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Hello, please also add me to the list, Number 1242.

We also paid the £10 to be part of the Fan Mosaic in Dick's Bar and have taken several people to the bar, to show them the mosaic which is absolutely fantastic. We feel embarrassed to show people our stone. What a let down!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They are rubbish. My mum and dad bought ours as a surprise pressie. Haven't got the heart to tell them they're like one of those 90s craze pictures you have to go boss eyed staring at to see the dinosaur etc.

Very very poor. Whoever did this ought to be made to repaint in any colour other than dark blue basically! What was wrong with White?!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ps add me to the list. I share mine with Lindfield by the pond so u can stick him down too!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't just think it's the colour though, it's the size, the location, the quality, the typeface. It's all bloody wrong!!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Agreed - If they were, for example, painted white....how long would that last? It would soon be as illegible as the blue. A complete rethink is what's needed.

wendy's tackle

NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2004
East Dean, Eastbourne
Please add me to the list - certificate 89. Hard to complain about the club at the moment, but I think they could and should have done much better with the stones. Their small size and faint print make them very hard to spot and even harder to read, a problem that will only get worse given where they are positioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports