Unreadable Heritage Stones

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Glad I never got involved in this as well especially given the silence from the club concerning it.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I haven't counted all those that are disappointed, even less compared to the actual number of stones, but its clear that a sizeable number of people are dissatisfied......and thats just those that view NSC.

Have the Argus reported this, cos I doubt whether Parkers in particular would want this kind of adverse PR (particularly those stones that are actual memorials), nor would the Albion.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
They have sold at least 2,020 (by my calculations). That's nearly £200,000 before tax.

Grid ref

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Just mentioned this thread to my girlfriend who also has a stone and is also very disappointed. She is going to dig out the certificate number for me, so please add her to the list tomorrow when I get it for you.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I haven't counted all those that are disappointed, even less compared to the actual number of stones, but its clear that a sizeable number of people are dissatisfied......and thats just those that view NSC.

Have the Argus reported this, cos I doubt whether Parkers in particular would want this kind of adverse PR (particularly those stones that are actual memorials), nor would the Albion.

Hi! No, they haven't and in fairness to both the Club and Parkers, I'm trying to avoid going down that route. I will explore all other possibilities first, but I will not rule out an approach to the media, should the problem continue to be ignored.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
I went & had a look at them today. Collectively it looks a bit of a mess. Lighter & darker shades of grey, poor lettering, etc it's all been said in this thread.

Come on Albion, caterer's queues aside, this is my only gripe on the wonder that is the Amex. Trouble is this one is a bit personal to some of the people who are in this for the long haul.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Aren't Parkers doing the Sussex CCC stones as well? I'm sure they'll be keen to resolve the issues as I bet Sx are monitoring this debate.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Good morning everyone!

Just to keep you all updated, I have sent an e-mail to Ken Brown which outlines the concerns shared by the contributors to this thread. Also, I have made telephone contact with Parkers, who will be returning my call to provide me with further information which I shall of course pass on to you.

Thanks for all your support so far, and please keep the comments and cert.no.'s coming - we WILL get this sorted...with your help.

Gary

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Good morning everyone!

Just to keep you all updated, I have sent an e-mail to Ken Brown which outlines the concerns shared by the contributors to this thread. Also, I have made telephone contact with Parkers, who will be returning my call to provide me with further information which I shall of course pass on to you.

Thanks for all your support so far, and please keep the comments and cert.no.'s coming - we WILL get this sorted...with your help.

Gary

Good work Gary - thank you :thumbsup:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Good morning everyone!

Gary

Thanks for all your hard work on this issue. I'm sure every fan, irrespective of whether they have bought a stone or not, is fully behind you.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Good morning everyone!

Gary

Thanks for your efforts Gary

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Tsk!! 'Sarcastic bastard' is quite apt! lol!

I have sent a copy of my e-mail to the Cricket Club...just so as they know. :)

It's interesting to see that the slab on show is similar in spec to the ones which are causing us such disappointment at the Amex. In golfing parlence they "look good in the air"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports