Unofficially, Official!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
It's bollocks because as stated, Redknapp played him at left back and then tried to offload him. Did he bring Bale to the club? No. Did Bale underperform this season without Redknapp or did he actually improve?

Says it all really.

Bales hardly going to stop performing just because harry left is he. I think you will find Bale was always a left back. Harry converted him and turned him into 1 of the best players in the world. Fact.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hows it bollocks. Did Bale not turn into a world class player under Harry. Yes or no?

I'd argue he's only really been world-class this season so simply No.
He was also brilliant for Wales in a more attacking role while he wasn't getting any game time for Spurs under Rednapp.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Bales hardly going to stop performing just because harry left is he. I think you will find Bale was always a left back. Harry converted him and turned him into 1 of the best players in the world. Fact.

He didn't convert him. He played left wing-back and wing for Wales if not for Southampton before

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Did Bale underperform this season without Redknapp or did he actually improve?

Says it all really.

You do know players tend to naturally get better between 18 and 26, don't you?

AVB isn't making him score from 35 yards week in week out....most of that is down to the player.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I'd argue he's only really been world-class this season so simply No.
He was also brilliant for Wales in a more attacking role while he wasn't getting any game time for Spurs under Rednapp.

So you didnt see him destroy ac milan almost single handed. Harry has to take a lot of credit for Bales success. Bale was definately a left back at Southampton

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
So you didnt see him destroy ac milan almost single handed. Harry has to take a lot of credit for Bales success. Bale was definately a left back at Southampton

I've seen Ashley Barnes be one of the best players on the pitch against Chelsea and Arsenal this season, I'm not hailing him as "World class"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:clap2:

Harry redknapps magic he wears a magic hat
And when he saw the Amex
He said i dont know nuffin bout crespo i didnt even know he still played no im not here to watch a player im just ere on holiday i dont know anything but yes i will sign pascal chimbonda on 140k a week lovely

:blush:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's the only way he knows though. He buys success.

In fairness, sometimes he borrows it. He took Portsmouth up on the strength of some good loan deals. The problem came when the financing of permanent signings he'd been allowed to make later on couldn't be sustained.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Probably rubbish, but if there is any truth Harry is high profile and will raise the profile of the club. We should be able to outcompete any other championship club for new players (if finances allow). He is also a better manager than Gus.
I can't see HR coming to a club with a sensible budget though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Say hello to Adminstration in two seasons time.
He will not be able to work within the FFP rules.

So you think a multi millionaire shrewd Jewish businessmen and lifelong Brighton fan will be conned by Harry Redknapp into over-spending us into administration? I think you should give Bloom more credit. You can't spend the Chairman's money without him knowing about it.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Did people ACTUALLY want him for England manager? I thought it was just the media banging on about how he was everyone's choice when in fact he was THEIR favourite because he's always good value for stories to fill the newspages

Well if you wanted an English England manager their wasn't many viable options!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
So you think a multi millionaire shrewd Jewish businessmen and lifelong Brighton fan will be conned by Harry Redknapp into over-spending us into administration? I think you should give Bloom more credit. You can't spend the Chairman's money without him knowing about it.

Exactly this. Harry doesn't buy players. Owners do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports