Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unofficially, Official!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
i'll reserve judgement until it happens, but i DO like the comment someon said the other day that if redknapp took the brighton job he could 'potentionally cause more damage to the south coast than the luftwaffe' :bowdown:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Did people ACTUALLY want him for England manager? I thought it was just the media banging on about how he was everyone's choice when in fact he was THEIR favourite because he's always good value for stories to fill the newspages

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Is this the same Harry Redknapp who last year was being widely touted as the next England manager? Is he suddenly not good enough for us or Championship football? I think some people on here need to get a grip.

Yes, he’s got a track record of splashing the cash but we’ve got a die-hard Albion fan at the helm – not some two-bob Hong Kong, Israeli, or Abu Dhabi-based “businessman” who know nothing about the core values of a football club. I would expect a little more trust in our chairman (if Redknapp came in) in ensuring the coffers remain as tight he wishes.

:thumbsup:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
A man most of the country. Including me. Wanted as England manager last year.

Most of the country wouldn't have a clue who is. A lot of football fans wanted him to be England manager, not as many as the press claimed though

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Bollocks. Harry tried to offload him to Birmingham for a couple of million, after deciding he wasn't up to it.

I'm no redknapp fan but that story was only in the Mirror and therefore probably bollocks. He gradually improved under Redknapp, getting used to the Premiership. That said, he could have done that under any manager as EVERYONE saw the potential. Maybe under a better manager he could have improved more quickly, who knows?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hows it bollocks. Did Bale not turn into a world class player under Harry. Yes or no?

It's bollocks because as stated, Redknapp played him at left back and then tried to offload him. Did he bring Bale to the club? No. Did Bale underperform this season without Redknapp or did he actually improve?

Says it all really.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I, for one, welcome our new, pug-faced, cash-in-hand, cockney overlord.

Welcome aboard, Lord Harry of Sandbanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here