Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] United reject Palace loan bid for Zaha

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have we actually said we're in for Schmeichel?
The reported interest I posted was all from SSN.

If nobody else came in for Ince except us (extremely unlikely I know), he wouldn't hesitate in joining us given the state Blackpool are in.
But obviously lots of teams are going to be interested in Ince, he's brilliant.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If nobody else came in for Ince except us (extremely unlikely I know), he wouldn't hesitate in joining us given the state Blackpool are in.

He was crap and looked disinterested when we played Blackpool on the 29th, do you think he'd had his head turned by a cheeky phone call from Pulis?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh grow up just because someone has a different opinion to you!

You seem to have a different view to Tony Pulis as well, so why, as a Brighton Fan would you comment that BHA fans are embarrassing you with expressing that view? Why as a Brighton fan would you claim that Palace are in a lot better position than us, on and off the field, when we have the Stadium, Training Facility, Season ticket sales, Owner, Head Coach that Palace dream of?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
You seem to have a different view to Tony Pulis as well, so why, as a Brighton Fan would you comment that BHA fans are embarrassing you with expressing that view? Why as a Brighton fan would you claim that Palace are in a lot better position than us, on and off the field, when we have the Stadium, Training Facility, Season ticket sales, Owner, Head Coach that Palace dream of?

Say what you like about the stadium but I highly doubt any Palace fan would swap Tony Pulis for Oscar Garcia, or Tony Bloom for 2010. Tony Pulis has turned Palace into a side that has a great chance of surviving in the Premier League. His wages are massive and no doubt dwarf Oscar Garcia's, but that's to be expected as he's simply a different calibre of coach.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25

Stadium yes, the rest of your post, utter bullshit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Say what you like about the stadium but I highly doubt any Palace fan would swap Tony Pulis for Oscar Garcia, or Tony Bloom for 2010. Tony Pulis has turned Palace into a side that has a great chance of surviving in the Premier League. His wages are massive and no doubt dwarf Oscar Garcia's, but that's to be expected as he's simply a different calibre of coach.

Granted, Tony Bloom the man would not suit you, but a Chairman of his ilk, with the love for the club and the funds to back the renewal of the infrastructure would not please you more than the good man you have with no money?
I would say Tony Pulis is a step up from Holloway and has given you a chance, but personally I would be gutted if he had got the job here in the Summer, we have grown accustomed to football on the floor. Pulis is yesterday, Garcia is tomorrow

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Stadium yes, the rest of your post, utter bullshit.

Really, would you not want a bigger gate? Brand new Training facilities with multiple pitches? An owner with deeper pockets? I will give you that Pulis may be a better fit for you than Garcia right now, but in the long run I believe we have the better man.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Oh do behave you utter tit. "A great chance" dream on.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Oh do behave you utter tit. "A great chance" dream on.

Have you seen the table lately? We're in 16th place with Hull at home up next. As much as it might pain you to admit it, there's every chance that we'll stay up this year :clap:

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
"SIngle handedly sending Palace to Wembley

Yes, that's right. It was very fortunate for you that he had two great moments in what was up till then very even with Brighton having the better chances. But then, and I say this in a completely unbiased way, palace were by a country mile the worst team to be promoted, since well, you were promoted the time before.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Yes, that's right. It was very fortunate for you that he had two great moments in what was up till then very even with Brighton having the better chances. But then, and I say this in a completely unbiased way, palace were by a country mile the worst team to be promoted, since well, you were promoted the time before.

Strange, that's not how I remember it. From my recollection the only time you actually threatened in the entire game was just before our first goal when Barnes had a shot saved and we cleared the corner off the line. Palace missed a sitter through Williams when clean through on goal, had a stonewall penalty denied, missed a free header from 6 yards from a corner and had several other chances.

As for the worst team to be promoted, that just sounds like jealousy. Which is understandable.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

That is laughable, in fact I cringed when I read that. 2010 saved palace when no one else would. They have stated that if they find the right person they would sell. That right person would be a palace clone of Tony Bloom.

Garcia ...champions league ......

The stadia is important as selhurst is falling down, it needs a massive overhaul which will place a massive drain on finances and so the ability to invest in the club. Clearly that hasn't registered with you. That's the sort of thinking that meant you went into admin twice.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

As for the worst team to be promoted, that just sounds like jealousy. Which is understandable.

The team that gets promoted by way of the play-offs is the worst team to be promoted, this is because they didn't finish in the top two. It's not a difficult concept to grasp and I'm that one of your more learned Palace fans can explain it to you.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
The team that gets promoted by way of the play-offs is the worst team to be promoted, this is because they didn't finish in the top two. It's not a difficult concept to grasp and I'm that one of your more learned Palace fans can explain it to you.

Perhaps you could get an adult to read his post to you, at which point you may realise that wasn't what he meant. :moo:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Strange, that's not how I remember it. From my recollection the only time you actually threatened in the entire game was just before our first goal when Barnes had a shot saved and we cleared the corner off the line. Palace missed a sitter through Williams when clean through on goal, had a stonewall penalty denied, missed a free header from 6 yards from a corner and had several other chances.

All of us watch through unobjective eyes. As to the jealousy, no, not really. I wanted us to beat you but I was one of the substantial minority who didn't want promotion to the premier league. We very nearly scored twice before Zaha pulled it off. That was something that you'd failed to do. Both teams looked distinctly average with your guys playing the better football. But that doesn't disguise the truth that palace were the weakest team in the play offs and the weakest team in recent years to gain promotion. But fair enough and well done you did itagainst expectation.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Perhaps you could get an adult to read his post to you, at which point you may realise that wasn't what he meant. :moo:

Maybe the adult In question needs to re read what he has written prior to posting so as to eliminate further confusion.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

You are the funniest Irish joke I've read in a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here