[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
minder = less
duur = expensive

I know a "pintje" is a glass of beer in the Netherlands, not quite sure why he used "pint" - might be some Belgian thing.

"je" is the diminutive in Dutch. So a "pintje" is effectively a "small pint", which, while logically makes no sense in terms of absolute measurements, makes sense in that a standard glass of beer in the Netherlands is a 25cl (approx. half pint).

I'm not sure why the Belgians do it differently.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"je" is the diminutive in Dutch. So a "pintje" is effectively a "small pint", which, while logically makes no sense in terms of absolute measurements, makes sense in that a standard glass of beer in the Netherlands is a 25cl (approx. half pint).

Those 25cl things in the Netherlands are ridiculous. The head is literally about one third of the glass, so you literally end up paying for about 2 largeish gulps!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

Yes and no. People use -je for a lot of things here, often ironically. The Belgians use pintje in the same way you are suggesting, but someone Dutch would mean going for a classic English pint but only a quick one. There are quite a few differences between Dutch and Flemish, the classic being 'poepen.' In Dutch, it means to poo, but in Flemish, it means to shag.

The original guy is just moaning about modern football,

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Those 25cl things in the Netherlands are ridiculous. The head is literally about one third of the glass, so you literally end up paying for about 2 largeish gulps!

You wouldn't be a fan of the glasses they use to serve kolsch beer in Cologne I'd guess

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Yes and no. People use -je for a lot of things here, often ironically. The Belgians use pintje in the same way you are suggesting, but someone Dutch would mean going for a classic English pint but only a quick one. There are quite a few differences between Dutch and Flemish, the classic being 'poepen.' In Dutch, it means to poo, but in Flemish, it means to shag.

The original guy is just moaning about modern football,

This must mean that cross border relationships need to be very open minded!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
311453925_5677920458913496_3355011096601514807_n.jpg

Adingra back in the starting line up tonight.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Lovely cross by Adingra to Dante Vanzeir. 1-0 Union after 2 mins.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
2-0 Union. Our man Adingra with the 2nd...

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Finished 2-1 to Union. Very encouraging performance by Adingra, with better finishing from his teammates could have had a hat-trick of assists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports