Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Playing against Malmö FF in Europa League tonight, starting in ca 20 minutes. Adingra on the bench.

Vanzeir on the bench too - I thought he was ine of their star players, last season anyway. Thought we were in for him, except we went for Undav in the end.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Union 1-0 up at Eupen after 10 mins, very nice finish by Adingra.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Thanks for the updates. When you have the time, a fuller assessment of Adingra would be much appreciated.

1-1 with 10 mins to go. Adingra been kept quiet by a rather dull but effective Eupen, but, as he has just shown in the last couple of minutes, when he has the opportunity to break down the wing he has caused their right back problems. Union are looking a bit tired after their European exploits on Thursday night.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
92nd minute winner for Union. Header by Nigerian striker Victor Boniface.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Boniface is interesting. You'd have to think we share some scouting information. Wouldn't surprise me if he joined us next summer.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Boniface is interesting. You'd have to think we share some scouting information. Wouldn't surprise me if he joined us next summer.

Very impressive. Reminds me of Antonia Big strong and good ball control.
Surprised how few people there so looked up Belgian crowds. Surprised how low they are. Side played today averages under 3k and only 3 sides above 12k. This of course includes Bruge and they only get 20k with a 30k capacity stadium. No wonder they sell best players to PL

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Very impressive. Reminds me of Antonia Big strong and good ball control.
Surprised how few people there so looked up Belgian crowds. Surprised how low they are. Side played today averages under 3k and only 3 sides above 12k. This of course includes Bruge and they only get 20k with a 30k capacity stadium. No wonder they sell best players to PL

Not sure what you expected with regards to crowd size. Belgium is a small country with small towns. Brussels has just over a million people but Brugge is barely over 100,000. When you compare the league to others countries with a similar population though, I believe their doing alright in terms of quality.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not sure what you expected with regards to crowd size. Belgium is a small country with small towns. Brussels has just over a million people but Brugge is barely over 100,000. When you compare the league to others countries with a similar population though, I believe their doing alright in terms of quality.

The quality is just fine considering the size of the country, but in Belgium they are also quite worried about the development in attendances, the average has dropped with several thousands in the post-covid era and is poor right now despite that the cold winter hasn't come yet.

Meanwhile their amateur leagues are flourishing, lots more attending before. Think this comment from a Belgian guy sums it up:

I'd rather look in the lower ranges. It is always at 3 pm. You don't have to transfer all your details to the club for a ticket to see a match. They just let you in after you pay. There you can drink beer at any time, before-during-after the match. A pint is less expensive. Depending on where it is, they even bring the beer. You can pay how you want, you don't have to put credit on a card that is only valid in the stadium. You can smoke. At an away match you can just drive there to have a look instead of having to work with that combination arrangement. The level is lower, but the matches are often more interesting because they are less closed. You'll be back home sooner and have the whole evening free for something else. And VAR does not annoy the shit out of you. For me, watching live football is about the fun and not necessarily that it is first class level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here