Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Undav

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I take it you didn’t rate Maupay?
No, I quite liked Maupay. It's just that having watched a little bit of football, I think trying to claim Undav and Maupay are similar is utterly ridiculous :shrug:

But maybe I don't know what I'm talking about and Murray was just a poor man's Sam Baldock because they both play up front :lolol:

:bigwave:

Last edited:

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
No, I quite liked Maupay. It's just that having watched a little bit of football, I think trying to claim Undav and Maupay are similar is utterly ridiculous :shrug:
Why? They both play upfront, both are similar height, both seem better with their back to goal, both aren’t blessed with tonnes of pace.

Still early days but it doesn’t seem that ridiculous?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I put it in the match thread - Mitoma did him no favours today. He had to roll the ball across the 6 yard box rather than shoot, just watch Undav’s reaction.
Was going to mention the same when I saw the thread, from memory not the only time time he was in a better position today and should have been passed to.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
At present our third choice striker when everyone fit in my view. I'm not saying he can't come good, but I think he'll need to score and quick to stay in and around the side. Lallana, Welbeck Sarmiento and Ferguson will put serious pressure on an attacking spot soon

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
He also made clear the difference between the two. Ferguson at this point - more of an out and out striker. Undav, different type of forward who links play well.
Exactly. Undav is more of an assist striker. He’ll work best opening up space for others to expose.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Certainly think he was let down with a pass or two today , but really made an effort on a couple of occasions to track back , so hope things will come good for him .

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
A poor man's Tomer Hemed for me at the moment but after reading lots of the positive comments on here and hearing RDZ's comments, happy to admit I could be wrong. I didn't watch last week's game admittedly.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
He was ok at best. Felt he was slow in possession and several stray passes. Ferguson should start every time he’s fit imo.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m warming to Undav. I feel he’s finding his way, and his position, in this team slowly but surely.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He's not premier league quality, but you could argue we didn't pay Premier league money for him. Seems like a good egg, but we need to go BIG in the summer on a top dog striker if we're serious about breaking into the top 6.
We won’t do that. Fergie is our ‘20 goal a season’ striker……….and if we can get 4-5 players on 10 goals each supporting that ir anything close we’re in good shape

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Not sold on him at the moment, but I feel like he plays better with someone else alongside him.
He seems to be good at pulling defenders out of position to help create space, one of those annoying players who are hard to keep track of.
I reckon he'll come good but he doesn't strike me as a lone striker.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Not sold on him at the moment, but I feel like he plays better with someone else alongside him.
He seems to be good at pulling defenders out of position to help create space, one of those annoying players who are hard to keep track of.
I reckon he'll come good but he doesn't strike me as a lone striker.
Problem with that is we rarely play two up front as it would take one out of midfield

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Hats off to creating a 'what does he actually do?" thread.

These only ever end in one way.

Cake on the face of the OP, and the inevitable string of top performances from Undav.

Predicting a £60m transfer to Chelsea in the 2023 winter transfer window now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here