Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Sams

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Funny you should say that been thinking about one of these as a treat at work, I take it they are very good ?

trust me Mr hut, due to having been required to stay close to a certain place in london all of last week. I had 2 of their burgers(and witnessed another dozen being consumed by my table mates) and a salad on seperate days and apart from a VERY good Pacific resteraunt they smash all other franchised food outlets,oh, and the New Zeland Lager they serve is great too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
trust me Mr hut, due to having been required to stay close to a certain place in london all of last week. I had 2 of their burgers(and witnessed another dozen being consumed by my table mates) and a salad on seperate days and apart from a VERY good Pacific resteraunt they smash all other franchised food outlets,oh, and the New Zeland Lager they serve is great too.

Looks like a visit to Bloomsbury Square is on the cards then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Grubbs for me.

Golden Grill in Hove and that awful GFC chicken place also get my money.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Grubbs is SOOOOO much better and there's one just off Palmeira Square.

I went to the Grubbs on London Road/Grand Parade recently and was SERIOUSLY disappointed. I went again as I was convinced it was a blip. Sadly not. Rubbery, crappy burgers, shit bap, pathetic brown lettuce, crap helpings of garlic mayo and mushrooms. Unfortunately, Grubbs, a Brighton institution is dead.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
GBK is very good, but overpriced considering you have to buy chips extra and they aren't cheap, neither is the bottled beer. So for me Uncle Sam/Grubbs still in there due to the value score. Im a Grubbs fan myself and do hope Saville's just been have bad luck. another shout is All Bar One, medium (can be dry well done) with bacon and mushroom they are very good and wash it down with an Erdinger or Paulaner. ~£7-8 for burger and chips + ~£3.50 for pint of decent beer means they are currently top of the burger pops.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you want to go to the GBK, use this...

http://www.gbkinfo.com/downloads/GBK_Half_Offer.pdf

The burgers are VERY good, but when you add on the chips (at £2.75 :eek:), the prices are a piss take and I wouldn't go there if it weren't for offers such as the above.

Good call! Have used the vouchers in GBK before and they just about make the excellent burgers affordable, by the time you add on the chips and the beers.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Gourmet Burger King is the biggest load of shit ever, designed by some Tarquins in Marketing. My local one (in Lordship Lane, home of the Harriet Harman Organic Lesbian Gang) is like a Nathan Barley Magnet.

The other one in Greenwich replaced a pie and mash institution in the relentless homogenisation of the town by corporate chains, sadly missed by all except Japanese tourists and fashion victims with more money than sense.

The burgers are nice though. Its just the 'brand' I can't stand. Give me a burger in London Road served by someone who has been chasing the dragon in the bogs 5 minutes before, surrounded by fliers for hopeless bands, any day.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here