Uncle Sams

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Uncle Sams do seem to vary in quality. The one in Shoreham is SHIZER, but the one opposite the Grenadier in Hangleton is QUALLA.

That's a shame, the Shoreham one is about 6 minutes walk from my place. Was going to try it sometime, but don't think I'll bother now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's a shame, the Shoreham one is about 6 minutes walk from my place. Was going to try it sometime, but don't think I'll bother now.

The last one I had from there was undercooked, and the salad in it was ICE COLD, which made the burger cold as well.

Bleeeurgh.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Grubbs malaysians have always been the ultimate brighton burger, especially if served by a semi comotose carl in london road.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I much prefer the Uncle Sams burgers, to the ones at Grubs.

I used to eat at the Uncle Sams in Burgess Hill, but haven't had one for AGES :(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're not making it any more tempting, Easy.
Best you know though eh.
If you're after a decent burger in Shoreham, then I find POSH NOSH in the High St is pretty decent. You can quite often see a FIGHT outside as well while you're waiting.

I blame the iceberg lettuce Easy
It might have been the chilly sauce.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Best you know though eh.
If you're after a decent burger in Shoreham, then I find POSH NOSH in the High St is pretty decent. You can quite often see a FIGHT outside as well while you're waiting.

It might have been the chilly sauce.

I've never been in PN, but have had the occasional home delivery. Reasonable, but was hoping our Sams was better after the usual rave reviews on here. Sounds like it's not. I'll have to try the Nosh again to remind myself - I'm sure my redundancy money will stretch to that.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The best uncle sams i have had was in london road,the differences in quality vary from outlet to outlet which is suprising as you would have thought they all use the same ingredients.

Never knew hangleton had a sams ffs,ive been driving to shoreham which lacks the london road experience.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Uncle Sams is the place to go when returning to Brighton on holiday from far flung exile. Puts it all into perspective about the shit served up in McDonalds and Burger King.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You can't go wrong at the Montpelier Road one. The original and the best.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best - Gourmet Burger Kitchen

Funny you should say that been thinking about one of these as a treat at work, I take it they are very good ?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Had my first US from Montpelier Road in about '77 and have never had a shit one...

And they were proper 1/4 or 1/2 pounders at the time!

Now always go for an Allstar sans tomato! Luvit!

Went through a bit of a phase of Grubbs Mushroom burgers! Toppest fare...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports