Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Unacceptable result - time for a boycott

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, someone is actually taking this thread seriously. Whilst you are busy being negative I'm off to Marseille this week to watch our top 6 IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE club compete in the Europa League and even if we lose and then lose to Liverpool and Man City it will still be the best time ever to be a Brighton fan.
f*** off with your sense of perspective will you :wink:

These are the best of times, the worst of times (depending on results)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Blimey, someone is actually taking this thread seriously. Whilst you are busy being negative I'm off to Marseille this week to watch our top 6 IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE club compete in the Europa League and even if we lose and then lose to Liverpool and Man City it will still be the best time ever to be a Brighton fan.
See you there.
There...not always negative....just an ageing, passionate supporter of 58 years, who goes to see his team compete and preferably win. I saw us lose to Leatherhead and Bedford and Walton and all the others. I watched us lose 2-8 to Bristol R at home under one of the greatest managers who ever lived. I was at Wembley right behind Smith when he shot and I thought he had scored. Goldstone..Gillingham...Withdean...Amex... from Bobby Smith to Gordon Smith to Pascal/Ansu/Julio Smith.
I bit last night cos I was there. I saw it..felt it...and carried it home with me and couldn't put it down. Same as Upton Park ( 0-6 ) Same as Bristol R ( 2-8 ) The heavy ones hurt. Our record PL defeat. Even City and Liverpool only put 5 past us. I shudder when I think of 0-5 at Selhurst. I understand the use of humour to deflect and move on. Last night was too early for me. Truthfully...I was seething yesterday. Like a bear with a sore head. Bit better this morning. Cuppa..Good book...chance to reflect.
Oh...' best time ever to be a Brighton fan '...no....when Norman Gall headed a last minute winner in my very first Albion game in 1965...that was the best time ever for me....a little lad standing behind the North Stand Wall....it started a love affair that continues today. I've seen all the rises and falls. Much more dramatic than now.
My Dad wasn't at that first game. Friends took me. I went home and begged him to take me to the next home game. He did and we won again and he became a convert. Many years later, when he was dying of cancer, I had to take him to one last game. Northampton away was closest to his home. I prayed that he could finish with a win and Baz Savage answered my prayers. I hope my son will do the same and if we lose 1-6 I will still have a rant and he will laugh and say..' nothing changes '

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
See you there.
There...not always negative....just an ageing, passionate supporter of 58 years, who goes to see his team compete and preferably win. I saw us lose to Leatherhead and Bedford and Walton and all the others. I watched us lose 2-8 to Bristol R at home under one of the greatest managers who ever lived. I was at Wembley right behind Smith when he shot and I thought he had scored. Goldstone..Gillingham...Withdean...Amex... from Bobby Smith to Gordon Smith to Pascal/Ansu/Julio Smith.
I bit last night cos I was there. I saw it..felt it...and carried it home with me and couldn't put it down. Same as Upton Park ( 0-6 ) Same as Bristol R ( 2-8 ) The heavy ones hurt. Our record PL defeat. Even City and Liverpool only put 5 past us. I shudder when I think of 0-5 at Selhurst. I understand the use of humour to deflect and move on. Last night was too early for me. Truthfully...I was seething yesterday. Like a bear with a sore head. Bit better this morning. Cuppa..Good book...chance to reflect.
Oh...' best time ever to be a Brighton fan '...no....when Norman Gall headed a last minute winner in my very first Albion game in 1965...that was the best time ever for me....a little lad standing behind the North Stand Wall....it started a love affair that continues today. I've seen all the rises and falls. Much more dramatic than now.
My Dad wasn't at that first game. Friends took me. I went home and begged him to take me to the next home game. He did and we won again and he became a convert. Many years later, when he was dying of cancer, I had to take him to one last game. Northampton away was closest to his home. I prayed that he could finish with a win and Baz Savage answered my prayers. I hope my son will do the same and if we lose 1-6 I will still have a rant and he will laugh and say..' nothing changes '
Maximum respect for all of that but the OP was a joke made by someone who wants Ajax tickets……

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Let me just check...oh yes...thought so...we have lost 3 of our last 4 games...conceding 10 goals. The last being a total and abject surrender with certain players downing tools and the manager apparently being incapable of countering the opposition.
I presume you think irony is what your wife does to your shirts?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was more pissed off with the traffic outside.......45 mins to go 1 mile........home now forgotton about the result, deleted the recording and will not watch MOTD tonight...
I know the feeling. Got to that round'about in record time and everything stopped. Sat Nav showed 700 yards to go and there we sat for about 40 mins before crawling into the school car park. Getting out not much better.
Did you come home via M6 or M40, which showed as closed?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know the feeling. Got to that round'about in record time and everything stopped. Sat Nav showed 700 yards to go and there we sat for about 40 mins before crawling into the school car park. Getting out not much better.
Used M6 as info boards were saying M40. shut between two junctions

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
You REELED a few in so you are an able apprentice…..good luck in getting tickets !
You’re very kind, but IMO everyone in that bracket is deserving for one reason or another, hopefully all those that go put on a good show and are a great representation of our club. I’m disappointed that the club didn’t negotiate even say an extra 1% of tickets in both directions (as little as say 200-300) would it have really made that much difference to our home matches? Yes we sell 26,000 quick enough but the last few seem to huff and puff. It’d be nice (IMO) to set a standard rather than just follow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mate, there are people who still seriously think that the best solution to knife crime is to round up and inter all young black males (rather than tackle the 'disrespection' culture). Not everyone can keep up with everything. Even me. I like to think I have an idea about what's going on, but I'm as blind as a fool can be.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I presume you think irony is what your wife does to your shirts?

I used to think that irony was a prosthetic device implanted in the joint that lets your leg bend.

1696160685465.png

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Mate, there are people who still seriously think that the best solution to knife crime is to round up and inter all young black males (rather than tackle the 'disrespection' culture). Not everyone can keep up with everything. Even me. I like to think I have an idea about what's going on, but I'm as blind as a fool can be.
It’s a fantastic song - I love it -are you aiming to get a reference in all posts you make? - that’s a pain I can do without

Blimey dunno whether to boycott Maccies

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Following today’s debacle we need to vote with our feet, I suggest that those that haven’t already bought Ajax tickets boycotts the match. Those empty seats will send a strong message to the club that enough is enough and it’s time for De Zerbi to go.

However if it gets to about lunchtime Monday and you’ve forgiven him, knock yerself out and buy a ticket and we’ll think of something else, a strongly worded letter on headed ultras writing paper or summink.

Agreed?

Your post is a bit like my old school reports.

Must try harder!

Pathetic attempt at a wind up.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
M5 to the South West........no problems once away from the immediate area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here