Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Poyet only bought him to spite us, like leaving a fish in the cavity walls.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He had a bad game. The OP is a mentalist.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Even having one of his worst games for the club, his value at defending set pieces was huge IMO. Two outstanding clearing headers that could easily of resulted in goals if a smaller striker was back defending. Yes I'm well aware his main job is up top putting the ball in the back of the net, but don't let that part of his play go unnoticed.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
he looked way behind the pace of the game, Oscar plays a far quicker game than Poyet, he needs to adjust. That said he did have a nasty injury and there may be some psychological issue. I am wondering if he doesn't like too much competition for his place? Obika seemed very lively and wanting to be involved yesterday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wasnt impressed with Obika yesterday as he didnt hold the ball up as well even as Ulloa having a bad game. He was quick but I saw nothing else to suggest that we should try to sign him permenantly but am prepared to give him the time to get used to our style and system of play.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I wasnt impressed with Obika yesterday as he didnt hold the ball up as well even as Ulloa having a bad game. He was quick but I saw nothing else to suggest that we should try to sign him permenantly but am prepared to give him the time to get used to our style and system of play.

After ONE substitute appearance you're writing Obika off! Priceless, but then you also think Stephen Ward is better than Wayne Bridge :lol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Try reading before posting it may help. Yes I think that Ward has served us better than Bridge no difference in the defending but offers more in attack

That's simply not true. Bridge was a constant threat down that left wing, he was often advanced enough to cross or even shoot. Ward seems a lot more reserved, nervous almost, to push further down the wing. Yesterday was certainly one of his better games for pushing on but he simply is not the same calibre as Bridge. IMO of course.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Oscar said on the radio that he is coming back from a serious injury and hasn't had the luxury of being eased in over Xmas. Clearly he's not fit yet and I imagine was frustrated at being replaced because he knows that when fully fit he is five times the player we saw in the last couple of games.

Thought he looked very classy against Blackpool, just got knackered after 60 mins. Was surprised he was rested last week.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Did Ulloa hold any balls up yesterday, thought he either mis-controlled or was to slow to get to them

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Try reading before posting it may help. Yes I think that Ward has served us better than Bridge no difference in the defending but offers more in attack

Nonsense. Bridge was an immaculate defender, and sheer class going forward - pace, linked well with whoever was on our left wing and great early passing to team-mates in attack.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

If you truly believe that then... wow

Ward has been very consistent for us and Im delighted we have him for the moment, but he is literally light years behind the perfomances of Bridge last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is to our advantage that Ward has played nearly every game this season, this is certainly a plus.

Solid and tbh having seen how often Bridge has been injured this season, on balance I'd prefer Ward to Bridge this season.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

For a month or so last season Bridge was our best attacker!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It is to our advantage that Ward has played nearly every game this season, this is certainly a plus.

Solid and tbh having seen how often Bridge has been injured this season, on balance I'd prefer Ward to Bridge this season.

Totally agree...Too many people were looking for a Bridge like for like and that was never going to happen.

Other than Bridge, I honestly think Ward is the best left back we've had since the early 80's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here