Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa wants out?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
7.5 million not enough, seeing as McCormack went for 11 million.

Pay the going rate or get lost.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
When this goes ahead there is going to be one hell of a moan fest given the daily 'why no new players' threads.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
7.5 million not enough, seeing as McCormack went for 11 million.

Pay the going rate or get lost.

this and more this.

Dont even refuse it , just refuse to talk unless you meet our valuation.

In light of McCormack price I dont think 7.5 is enough.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sell or tell them it's never going to happen sooner rather than later, can't let this saga keep going on & then they offer what we want at the last minute and it messes up our season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When this goes ahead there is going to be one hell of a moan fest given the daily 'why no new players' threads.

Blow to be softened by the announcement of a couple coming in when it happens but there will be a binfest about him going and the quality of the incoming players. I'd love one of them to be Glenn Murray, who I think is a better player anyway ( which would ramp the binfest up even further) :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sell or tell them it's never going to happen sooner rather than later, can't let this saga keep going on & then they offer what we want at the last minute and it messes up our season.

Don't bet against it, offering that sort of money they will be deciding the timing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
McCormack £11m figure is almost certainly dependent on goals scored, appearances, performance so not the true figure of the fee.
7.5m for Ulloa, if thats the basic fee, is probably equivalent to RM.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don't bet against it, offering that sort of money they will be deciding the timing.

Indeed. That benefits nobody though really, Bloom should say: put up or shut up, because the closer we get to the start of the season the more difficult it's going to be for everyone. If they get close to 9/10M I think he'll be gone, I have to be honest I think that's a lot of money for him, he's a great player when he's on form but that's a lot of money.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Funny how some supporters are saying sell, before we got Ulloa many on here were saying that we needed to spend that sort of money for a good championship striker/forward.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The day we sell Leo is the day we mess up next season, unless we can get Rhodes or better in as a replacement.

*grim situation*

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The issue is if he goes any club we approach for a replacement will know we have cash on our pocket and inflate their asking price

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Slightly different version of the story via Leicester Mercury.
- a 6m offer
- and a source saying Ulloa wants to talk to LCFC
- also Albion saying that £10m is asking price

Leicester City have made another attempt to sign Leonardo Ulloa from Brighton, the Mercury understands.
City have submitted a fourth bid for the Argentine striker, believed to be just over £6million.
Brighton have rejected three previous offers and have told City they value Ulloa at £10m.
But it is now believed that Ulloa has indicated to the Seagulls that he is interested in talking to City.
If the offer is accepted, it would break City’s club record transfer fee, which was set in 2000 when they spent £5m on Ade Akinbiyi.

via http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/L...ker-Leonardo/story-21447446-detail/story.html

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'd be tempted to sell. Firstly I think if invested wisely that 7.5m can be used to significantly strengthen our squad, it's not like when Bale left Spurs or Suarez leaves Liverpool, whilst he's important to us I don't think he's integral to our successes, he's not easily replaceable but is replaceable. Secondly if we hold out for more then either a) Leicester move on and we may struggle within our parameters to significantly imporve the sqaud or b) a game of cat and mouse ensues we continue to haggle and get a better price but at a point in time where we're then desperately scrambling to get players in before the window closes and possibly miss out on first choice targets.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
In all the articles over the last coule of days Pearson has been relaxed about the deal.
Whilst they have not met the valuation, I believe Leicester are aware that Ulloa's representatives have told us he is keen to speak to them.
This they hope will provide scope to reduce our valuation around the £7.5m with add ons.
Our problem is how to get our replacemnts in before clubs know we have these funds and increase their valuations.
This will have the same outcome as the Bridcutt saga although Ulloa will not lose his "focus".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here