Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] ULEZ Booooooooooo

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Where's the belittling? Just see a factual statement about the Greens (they want to introduce a ULEZ) and a rude comment about an individual who happens to be a Tory candidate (foggy twat).
You're basically trying to influence peoples choice on what candidate they should or shouldn't vote for by saying the bunny huggers will glean more money from the hipsters and the tory is a near sighted buffoon.
When I see a ballot paper, I see it as a vote for bellendary, regardless of whose name is representing what opposition party.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
You're basically trying to influence peoples choice on what candidate they should or shouldn't vote for by saying the bunny huggers will glean more money from the hipsters and the tory is a near sighted buffoon.
When I see a ballot paper, I see it as a vote for bellendary, regardless of whose name is representing what opposition party.

You seem confused. I'm not trying to influence anyone and was just asking where the belittling was. No one has mentioned bunny huggers have they? Maybe have a nice cup of tea and a rest.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Ok my precious, I was just stating a thread NOT prefixed political, has political references in a post. The belittling bit was by slagging off a candidate which I'm pretty sure you're not going to put an X next to.
If you must air your views on which candidate you think shouldn't be voted for, put it in a thread marked POLITICS, it saves all this to-ing and fro-ing of opinions

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
If an ulez was introduced to Brighton and included all Brighton, how would that affect people coming from elsewhere in Sussex and beyond to park at the bridge and the uni and nearby?
I assume that they'd have to pay if they strayed into the area, just as will happen in London to Kent and Essex residents when / if the ULEZ is extended to the boundary.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So what you're saying is you drive around oblivious to the road signs you drive past?

Not sure it's something I'd admit on a public forum but you do you.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I thought this was going to be a thread to say we are about to sign a new El Salvadorian under 17 sensation called Ulez Boo, but turns out it is just about all the low emission signs that you see on the all the main roads in London as you approach the North Circular.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Always someone else's fault
https://wintoncentre.maths.cam.ac.uk/news/does-air-pollution-kill-40000-people-each-year-uk/

View attachment 159891

Seen various estimates from 10k-40k deaths per annum. Why can't the wokerati just suck it up?
Great analysis that. I heard this explained on the radio years ago but never seen it in black and white.

Basically shows what a load of complete bollocks the "40,000 people die each year" quote is.

Q Why can't they just say "Everyone might dies a couple of days earlier"?
A Because it doesn't sound as good and nobody would give a shit!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So not only was it the most pissed off I've been for years at the Spurs game, today I got fine through the post for entering the ULEZ money making area.

Straight off the North Circular you're in the zone so I found out. Here's the tiny sign you are supposed to see when coming off the roundabout and taking the inside lane of the dual-carriage way. The sign is located on the other side of the road and nothing else indicating you have to now pay. I parked only a few 100 yards further on in a person's driveway (paid for).
View attachment 159888

Horrible place, horrible team, horrible fans, 1978 we never forget arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!
Welcome to our world!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ok my precious, I was just stating a thread NOT prefixed political, has political references in a post. The belittling bit was by slagging off a candidate which I'm pretty sure you're not going to put an X next to.
If you must air your views on which candidate you think shouldn't be voted for, put it in a thread marked POLITICS, it saves all this to-ing and fro-ing of opinions
You’re still confused, I haven’t given any opinions and haven’t talked politics at all and haven’t slagged anyone off. You’re addressing the wrong person.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Have you checked to see if your car is ULEZ compliant, most are.
yes, petrol cars can be from 2006 and comply. diesels more stringent, Euro6 came in 2015.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
So not only was it the most pissed off I've been for years at the Spurs game, today I got fine through the post for entering the ULEZ money making area.

Straight off the North Circular you're in the zone so I found out. Here's the tiny sign you are supposed to see when coming off the roundabout and taking the inside lane of the dual-carriage way. The sign is located on the other side of the road and nothing else indicating you have to now pay. I parked only a few 100 yards further on in a person's driveway (paid for).
View attachment 159888

Horrible place, horrible team, horrible fans, 1978 we never forget arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!
Tottenham is a dump as an area. All kebab shops & oiks hanging out in their full tracksuits .

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
You’re still confused, I haven’t given any opinions and haven’t talked politics at all and haven’t slagged anyone off. You’re addressing the wrong person.
Ok, sorry. I will redirect my observation to westdene seagull who, according to his location, is the arse of hangleton

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

View attachment 159888

What on earth were you driving? I have a 20 year old Citroen C3 and even that passes ULEZ.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Didn't say I'm against it but having clear signage like the congestion charge area would be a benefit. The lack of signage has nothing to do with saving lives it's purely to fine people.
There are signs on the approach as well as the signs actually entering the zone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here