Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] ULEZ Booooooooooo

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So not only was it the most pissed off I've been for years at the Spurs game, today I got fine through the post for entering the ULEZ money making area.

Straight off the North Circular you're in the zone so I found out. Here's the tiny sign you are supposed to see when coming off the roundabout and taking the inside lane of the dual-carriage way. The sign is located on the other side of the road and nothing else indicating you have to now pay. I parked only a few 100 yards further on in a person's driveway (paid for).
image1 (5).jpeg

Horrible place, horrible team, horrible fans, 1978 we never forget arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Sounds like you should be having a word with the person who sold you their drive, surely they pointed this fact out to you?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Your fault for not having a more expensive car. London welcomes richer people................................

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I've been very careful in checking my route to my Wembley parking spot to make sure I don't stray inside the A406 at all as my old jalopy falls foul of the ULEZ rules.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So not only was it the most pissed off I've been for years at the Spurs game, today I got fine through the post for entering the ULEZ money making area.

Straight off the North Circular you're in the zone so I found out. Here's the tiny sign you are supposed to see when coming off the roundabout and taking the inside lane of the dual-carriage way. The sign is located on the other side of the road and nothing else indicating you have to now pay. I parked only a few 100 yards further on in a person's driveway (paid for).
View attachment 159888

Horrible place, horrible team, horrible fans, 1978 we never forget arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!
Be careful who you vote for in the up and coming local elections in B&H then - the Greens want to introduce one in Brighton. Obviously it goes without saying you shouldn't vote for the foggy twat standing in Hangleton and Knoll for the Tories either.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Strange, I thought this was a thread on travel.
Yet here I am wondering why there is a post belittling my chosen political party :shrug:

Where's the belittling? Just see a factual statement about the Greens (they want to introduce a ULEZ) and a rude comment about an individual who happens to be a Tory candidate (foggy twat).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Strange, I thought this was a thread on travel.
Yet here I am wondering why there is a post belittling my chosen political party :shrug:
Is an ULEZ possibly being introduced in B&H about travel then ? And is it not the Greens proposing it ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Be careful who you vote for in the up and coming local elections in B&H then - the Greens want to introduce one in Brighton. Obviously it goes without saying you shouldn't vote for the foggy twat standing in Hangleton and Knoll for the Tories either.
If an ulez was introduced to Brighton and included all Brighton, how would that affect people coming from elsewhere in Sussex and beyond to park at the bridge and the uni and nearby?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Didn't say I'm against it but having clear signage like the congestion charge area would be a benefit. The lack of signage has nothing to do with saving lives it's purely to fine people.

Driving in London you really need to pay attention to signs as they can easily catch you out. There's usually one on the roundabout like this showing that you're entering the ULEZ.

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 12.25.33.png

Not as sneaky as the Brighton Bus Gate on the Old Steine by Church Street!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here